•Chapter Thirteen•

Elena felt like she was ripping apart from the inside. She felt like the flame of happiness that had burned inside her for so long was just put out.

She hated her father. She couldn't deny it. But she knew that he was deep down a good man. Just the trauma and losing almost half of his family had ripped him forcefully into the drinking scene. Out of the grips of his daughters into this deep black hole.

But she had hoped that maybe things would go back to normal. She had prayed. But now every chance of that was gone.

She inhaled as she wiped away the smudged mascara under her eyes. "Steve, I know I ask a lot of you and I am sorry, but please can you take Emilija to your house for tonight? I need to clean up." Elena sighed as she looked at the guy that was somewhat her best friend by now. "Of course, that's no problem. But what happened anyway?" Steve asked and only now she realized that she and Emilija were the only ones that understand what had happened.

"Our father died." Emilija said, her eyes were teary as Steve hugged her to his chest. He felt like a mom to all of them, so it stung seeing this girl crying against his chest. "Max if you want to you can go with her." Billy said, as his hand rested on Elena's back.

"We need to drive to my house." Elena sighed as she got into the passenger seat of the Camaro, leaning her head against the window. "You can just drop me off." "I'm not gonna leave you alone, Elena." The blonde boy sighed as he put his hand on her thigh, trying to show some kind of comfort.

When they stopped in front of the house they could already see the pool of blood that was still on their front porch, imprinting the wood of the veranda. Elena choked her tears back. She walked past Billy, over the blood into her house.

5 hours. 5 hours Elena spent cleaning the house before everything was spotless and now she had to face the blood on the Veranda she had dreaded to clean.

With a sigh she kneeled down onto the wood, aggressively starting to scrub away the blood form the wood. Tears started to fill her eyes once again and she started to cry, still scrubbing like her life depended on it. She started sobbing, her feelings coming up in her as she laid her head back crying, asking god why him.

Billy who had sat across her, with a scrubber in his hand, ready to help her now let down the scrubber, pulling her into his arms. Her slender arm slithered around his torso, gripping onto him as he kissed her head, whispering sweet nothings as a tear rolled down his face.

It hurt him more than he like to admit, seeing her like this. He wanted nothing more for her than to be happy. And seeing her breaking down, sobbing into his arms hurt him so much. He knew he was crazy for that girl, and he'd do anything in his willpower to make her happy. But maybe right now it was better to let her grief in peace.

After Billy had forcefully laid her down on the couch, wrapping her in a blanket and turning on the TV, he went outside kneeling down and scrubbing the rest of the blood away. Of course it was disgusting but he wouldn't let his girlfriend go through this, it's painful enough losing someone, but wiping away his blood?

After he'd successfully cleaned everything he went back inside, pouring the now red water down the drain and washed his hands. He entered the living room, sitting down beside his girlfriend who immediately cuddled up to him, still sniffing.

"I feel so fucking lost. So broken and alone." She said, her voice hoarse from the crying and her eyes burning from the tears. "I know, baby. I know." He sighed as he let his hand run over her arm as he pulled her close to him. "I know it hurts. I know that you feel like it's never going back to normal. And I know that it feels like this hole in your heart will never be filled again. And if I'm being honest, it's never going to be filled. But it'll heal. You'll be okay again one day. And bet I'll be there with you everyday, it doesn't matter if you're sad, happy, crying, screaming or having the time of your life. I'll be there each and every time. I won't leave you alone." Once again she teared up, but not because of sadness but because of happiness, because she knew that Billy was sincere. "And by the way, I love you too." He smiled slightly as she looked up, her nose red, her eyes slightly swollen and with tears as she let out a quiet laugh before pressing her lips onto his, moving them in sync.

And both of them couldn't figure out what they did to deserve each other, but they knew that they were made for each other.