•Chapter Nine•

The next day, Billy didn't get woken up with a sandwich in front of him, instead he got woken up by Elena who sat on the table next to him, eating a sandwich in a red napkin.

"Did you steal my sandwich, you little thief?" Billy grinned sleepily at her as he watched her, his head resting on his arms. "No." She said before grabbing in her bag. "I got yours right here." She grinned as she placed it in front of him.

He looked at her confused until his tired mind finally put together the pieces. "You're the one that left me the sandwiches!" He said as if his mind just got blown. "Surprise surprise." She grinned, running her hands through his kinda messy hair due to him sleeping. "It's actually kinda cute." He said, as he unwrapped the sandwich and bit into it. "Weird, but cute. Especially now that I know it was you and not some weirdo trying to poison me slowly but surely." Billy laughed.

"Look who it is! My favorite Serbian girl! Zdravo!" Steve said grinning as he opened his arms embracing her. Elena almost looked like a proud mother as she looked at him. "God I'm so proud of you, you can say one word in Serbian!" She grinned, a little sarcasm dripping in her words. Steve just rolled his eyes grinning and let go of her, and she turned to Nancy and Jonathan, waving at them. "Do you wanna come into the drive-in cinema with us? Steve invited himself already with his date so we thought maybe you and Billy could come too." Nancy asked, a small smile covering her face. "But Billy and I are not dating?" Elena said in a duh tone. "Then go as friends." Jonathan shrugged. "Hopper even offered us his police van for more comfort, we could put a mattress in it and get some food and some cozy blankets." Jonathan said. "Fine Fine, I'll ask, I'll call you later."

"Come on, Billy, it's gonna be fun." Elena begged the blonde one. "But I'm not on the mood being there with 2 couples who'll basically dry hump beside us." He sighed as he looked at the younger girl, and honestly it got really hard for him to say no to her. "Pretty please? I really wanna watch that movie and we can eat as much as we want. Because Nancy and Steve will buy food and you know those rich bitches." She grinned. "Fine." He groaned. God he felt himself falling for her already. The way he couldn't say no, and his heart just sped up only in her presence. And the way she even looked pretty to him on her worst day. But he couldn't contain his grin as he saw how happy she got just because he said yes.

It was around 9pm and Elena was ready, she had a black skirt and a red bodysuit accompanied by red pumps. She'd sit the whole time anyway so she figured they'd look good. She made herself some curls and a little bit of makeup. And yes, she knew that no one would see her makeup but she still wanted to feel cute.

When she heard a honk outside she sprinted, in her heels, to the door. "Shut the fuck up!" She said to them as she stood still to listen if her dad got woken up by it. Luckily he didn't and she went back to get her wallet, just in case, and went outside.

"This is way too fucking small." Billy whined as both of them were cramped in the back with a mattress while the other two pairs got the seats. "It'll be bigger when we put the seats down." "Yeah it better be Harrington."

They finally arrived and finally they put the seats down. Elena inhaled deeply as she could finally laid down instead of being cramped against the blonde giant and a mattress. "We got food babyyyyy." Steve grinned with an unfamiliar boy beside him as he passed down the snacks.

Elena and Billy sat down in the front because they figured they'd be the only ones actually watching the movies, so they took their snacks and their drinks and sat down.

"Can you all please make out a little quieter? We are trying to watch a movie." Billy sighed as he turned to the couples behind him. "Can you turn the movie down we are trying to make out?" Steve mocked Billy. "Watch your mouth Harrington or you can kiss your boy with no teeth." "Don't be rude." Elena sighed as she hit him lightly on his thigh. "But he started it!" "We're better than this, baby." She said it without thinking and instantly tensed up. But when she realized that the couples in the back just kept making out and Billy didn't say anything, she relaxed.

"Well this was shit." Billy muttered as he walked beside the brunette girl. They decided after the half of the movie and them starting to dry hump in the back, that they didn't want to watch that movie that bad. "Sorry, I thought it'd turn out better." She sighed. "But at least we got snacks!" She grinned as she held up her hands with the snacks she had let go with her. "What do we wanna do, the night is young, baby." He grinned at her while she was just embarrassed. "So you heard it?" She said it rather as a statement than a question. "Yep. And it was so funny how you looked so scared." Now both of them started laughing.

"Let's go into a diner and get something to eat. My treat." Elena suggested this time. "Yeah, snacks ain't the best." He grinned and together they walked downtown on a search for a good diner that still had open.

Soon they had found the diner where they had breakfast at. It was almost empty except for a trucker that got his fix of coffee and an old lady sitting by herself reading the paper.

"Can you order, I wanna do something." Billy looked confused but nodded as the waitress came over to him while she went somewhere in a corner.

Suddenly the tunes of Elvis Presley'a Can't help falling in love with you filled the quiet diner.

Billy had to grin as Elena held her hand out for the California boy. "Elena-" "No come on, one dance pretty boy." She grinned and he gave in.

He sighed, before standing up. "Fine."

Wise man say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin?
If I can't help falling in love with you.

Both of them hummed the song together, as his hands were placed on her waist and hers around his neck, both grinning at each other, despite the fact that they were in a middle of diner dancing at 11pm.

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Somethings are meant to be

They blended out their surroundings as they danced. Elena only now noticed how pretty Billy's eyes were, it reminded her of the clear blue lakes in the mountains of Serbia. And Billy only now noticed, how many beautiful colors were present in her brown eyes, the specks of golden and green which were only seen if you were close enough.

Take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

And both of them, they knew that they were falling even more in love with each second of that song that passed and each moment they looked at each other. And they knew at this point that their love was hopeless, but god did they love it.

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Somethings are meant to be

Take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you