•Chapter Fourteen•

One week passed and now Elena was sitting alone in front of her fathers grave, a bottle of whisky in her hand. With each sip she took she spilled the next sip onto the grave, which was weirdly the last wish of her dad and weirdly she didn't mind. It almost let her feel like this was a bad dream instead of reality.

"Babe..." Billy sighed as he came up behind his girlfriend who was sitting in a black dress in front of the grave. Even Billy dressed up for the funeral even though he didn't support what her father did to her. So he sat down next to her, pulling off his jacket and putting it over Elena's shoulders. "I'm almost done with saying the final goodbye." She muttered taking another sip. Surprisingly she wasn't feeling the alcohol even though the bottle was half empty.

"Let's go to Steve's house." Elena said as she finally stood up, Billy behind her as they walked to his car. With a loud sigh she sat down onto the passenger seat, taking another sip.

Steve had a made a little thing, where the guests came over and ate a bit and talked. Like an after funeral party? But instead of party it was more grieving.

They pulled up to the house of the brunette, getting out of the car. From all sides came condolences her way but she didn't want to hear it. God, she was fucking sick and tired of all those people saying they're sorry. It won't bring her father back. So she just walked past them, drinking her whiskey and walked into the kitchen. Steve stood there, by his side Joyce, Hopper, Nancy and Jonathan. "Underage drinking? Elena-" before Hopper could finish he got elbowed into the ribs by Joyce. "This is not the Time for Sheriff Hopper, Jim." Joyce whispered and he nodded as they looked at the girl, behind her her boyfriend.

"How are you?" Nancy asked concerned as she looked at the girl that swayed from one side to the other. "I'm doing just fucking great. I mean my father'a funeral was just like an hour ago so I'm doing fucking amazing, thank you for asking Nancy." Elena said sarcastically. She didn't mean to be so bitter, but all these questions just pissed her off. How the hell was she supposed to feel after burying her own father?

"I'm sorry." She apologized, rubbing her face. "I'm just still hoping it's a dream and all these people saying 'I'm sorry' like thank you, but it won't bring my father back." She sighed leaning against Billy. "I understand." Joyce nodded, a sad smile on her face as she let her hand run up and down her arm. "If you ever need anything, I mean absolutely anything, you're welcome at my place." She said smiling, before leaving with Hopper in her trail who just said "Call me if you get into trouble."

It was night time and Steve's house got emptier, only the group of 13 year olds, her sister, her boyfriend and Steve sitting in the couch in silence. All of them were dressed in black. "God I don't wanna fucking feel like this! These stupid sad looks and the sympathy I hate it!" Elena said suddenly in anger as she saw the teenagers looking at her like she's a hurt puppy. "Yes, our father died. Yes, it's sad. But come on." She said, groaning as she stood up, walking over to the record player and putting in a vinyl. Soon enough the tunes of Michael Jackson's Beat it blasted through the living room.

Elena grinned at the group of people, some of them looking at her like she was crazy and some of them grinning at her. And she started dancing, her flats long gone so she was in barefoot. A new whisky bottle was occupying her hand she had took from Steve's shelves as she danced. And god, she sang and danced like no one was in the room, jumping around and whipping her hair around. Soon enough the kids joined her with a grin, dancing just like her, like no one was watching.

And just for that moment it felt like heaven, dancing to the music, singing all off while her and Billy where looking at each other, both of them dancing like crazy to the music, whipping their long hair and laughing.

And just for that moment it felt like her problems were gone. Just for that moment it felt like she was free.