Ned and MJ

A/N: If you want a song to listen to while reading this, I suggest pretender by ajr. Enjoy the story :))

________________________________

Peter woke up the next morning. Actually he didn't. He had stayed up all night. He tried to sleep, but how could he with the buzzing in the back of his head. His spidersense screaming at him. He would be fine. He needed to tough through. He was a super hero. He can handle this. He has to.

Peters stomach grumbled. The food he had gotten last night was scarce, especially for him with his high metabolism. Still, he opted for no breakfast. Mr. Johnson wasn't awake, so Peter left a note so that Mr. Johnson wouldn't think he was trying to run away.

Hey, It's peter. I'm gone at school. I'll be back at four.

Peter got on the subway. Finally his spidersense wasn't screaming at him. It had calmed to a dull roar in the back of his head. It made him jumpy and on edge, like he had chugged a few pots of coffee. 

Peter stood on the subway, mindlessly thinking about how he was going to explain this one to Ned and MJ. A police officer with light brown hair, glanced at him and smiled, " Hey, jumpy."
He was referring to Peters jumpiness. Peter laughed out emptiness. This was his stop.

When he got to school Ned and MJ where waiting for him outside.
"So how's the new sitch doing?" Ned said.
Peter knew how to fake it. And he knew how to fake it well.

"It's good. I'm living with Mr. Johnson now- I can call him dad and all, he said I could but I just met him so." Peter lied blatantly.
Ned nodded.
"So can we visit your place?" MJ deadpanned.

"Well it's pretty small- nice but small. And I haven't really unpacked yet."

MJ nodded this time.

Peter relaxed. Well, he never fully relaxed, but he relaxed more. He went through his day, distracted. Mr. Johnson could hurt him. Like, really bad. He was fit, and large.

And the job. Peters head only went to the worst. He could ask peter to do something illegal. Then again, maybe Peter had just misread the situation. But his spidersense. Something wasn't right. Then again when was anything right for Peter.

Peter walked home, not really wanting to go home anyway. When he opened the door to the apartment, Mr. Johnson was waiting. He seemed mad.
" Your late."
Peter froze. The clock read 4:11.
His heart rate increased as well as his spidersense.
He didn't say anything.

"Your a dumb bitch, you know that right." Mr. Johnson's voice was loud.
"You can't even tell time! No one will ever love you!"
Mr. Johnson was making his way towards Peter. When he got close he punched Peter in the gut. Peter curled over.
"Com on that didn't hurt you wimp!"

So this was how it was going to be. Peter looked up at Mr. Johnson. "I-I'm sorry."

"Tell me it won't happen again."
Peter froze at his stern voice.

"Tell me!!" Mr. Johnson screamed.

Peter winced, " I-it won't happen again."

Mr. Johnson seemed to calm down.
"Okay. Good. Now I have a job for you."

Peter didn't dare say anything.