Cherish

Peter stared at the box on his bed. Somehow Tony had found it. It had belonged to Peters aunt.

Peter didn't remember much of his aunt, just faint memories.

The box had been there for two days, untouched. It was almost as if he was scared to find out what was inside.

He had been staring at the box for the past half hour. Finally, he got up from his seat and opened it in a rush.

It was photos.

So many photos.

Like, piles and piles of old Kodak photos.

He slowly picked one up and sat down on his bed.

It was of a lady and a man, holding each other close on an old couch, next to a Christmas tree.

Peter flipped the photo over.

On the back, someone had written in sharpie "December 21st, 1999. Mary and Richard Parker".

It was his parents.

Peter blinked, starting down at the memory, capsuled in time.

When did everything become so difficult.

No tears came, even though Peter was sad. Maybe he finally ran out.

It's just- the photo looks so peaceful. So happy and full of joy.

You can see scrabble pieces scattered on the coffee table next to them, and they're both grinning eat to ear.

Peter stared at the photo for what must have been a good half an hour.

And, surprisingly, he actually smiled. A genuine, real, smile.

He then put the photo safely under his bed, and he went out of his room to the living room where he found Pepper and Tony.

"Hey Mom, Dad? Do you... Do we have any old photo albums? Of like, you two?"

Pepper was grinning ear to ear as Tony nodded, "Oh, trust me, we have plenty."

"Tony kinda had a phase where we had to take photos of every moment." Pepper said, motioning for Peter to sit down next to her.

And so it began as just the three of them, looking at old photos through some holo-tech.

And yeah, it was different, but the thing is, it was theirs.

Soon enough Natasha was joining them, laughing at old photos safe used to blackmail Tony.

Then Rhodes came along.

Then Bruce.

Then Sam.

And sin enough everyone was piling in, and for the first time in a while, Peter really did feel good again.

It wasn't perfect, but it was a light at the end of the tunnel.

A/N: I know I know, I'm sorry I haven't updated this story in ages, and this party is very very short- but!

Now, announcement! Since I first write this, my writing level, as well as knowledge on the mcu has greatly risen. In light of this, I've decided that, while I will be keeping this story up, I will also be re-writing it. The plot and characters will be the same, but there will definitely be different new works quirks and I'm excited to see how it goes.

I will update y'all when its out!

Thank you all for being so loyal and kind to this book and me, it truly means a lot 💕