The job.

A/N: Another good song for this chapter to listen to if you want is Sorbet Guts. Sorry if this is kind of stereotypical but I obviously don't have experience with this. Enjoy :))

________________________________

Mr. Johnson gave Peter a big yellow envelope.
It was light.

"Deliver the package to this address."
He gave Peter a piece of paper with an address on it. "When you make it to the addess, destroy this paper, so no one can ever read it again. Oh, and don't give out your real name. To anyone." Peter nodded.
Mr. Johnson looked Peter up and down, " Also get changed into something without words on it."

Peter was wearing a Midtown High decathalon team sweater on.
He went to his room and quickly changed into a black hoodie with black skinny jeans. Something anyone could wear.

When he came out Mr. Johnson was still waiting, " Now a mans going to approach you, and say; The blue eyed girl blinks. You in response say; two times at night. Then give him the package. He won't give you anything. Now get out of here."

Peters heart was racing. He looked at the address. This wasn't the good part of New York. He shook the bag. Something rattled. He was delivering drugs. Most likely illegal drugs. But Peter knew he didn't have a chance now. Mr. Johnson was a criminal. And he could hurt him. He could easily end his, and all of his friends lives. And he had to protect his friends.

Was everyone looking at him? Oh no, did he look suspicious? He was over thinking. Just get to the address and get the job done. What if he asks for your name? What's my name? Um, Jack? That's stupid... Eli. Okay. That's okay.
Okay. He could do this right? For his friends. Yes. That's right.

He reached the address. What now? Oh gosh he didn't think this out. So he just stood there, trying to look as casual as possible. Mean faces surrounded Peter. His senses where going crazy. Not just his spidersense. The smell of smoke attacked his lungs. Yelling people surrounded him as well. He wasn't the only one making a trade off. His spidersense heard every conversation.

"-You have the cloud Nine?"

"-I said eight pm. No later-."

"-I won't negotiate."

"-Or I'll kill-."

"-Find me at the pit-."

Peter stared at the ground intensely.

Until a man came up to him. This was it. Oh gosh why was his heart beating so fast. Did he look nervous? He had to look natural. No one could see through him right?

Peter looked at the man. There was an outline in the mans jacket. He was carrying a gun. Peter heart raced faster.

"What's your name kid?"

"Eli."

The man stared for a second before muttering, " The blue eyed girl blinks."

This was it. This was the guy. Peter tried to make his voice dark and empty, "two times at night."

The man nodded and Peter slipped him the package. And the man walked away. So Peter did the same. It was over. At least he thought.

But it was only the beginning.

Peter returned to the apartment, with Mr. Johnson waiting as usual. "You gave the guy the envelope?" He said. Peter nodded.

"Good. I have more for you tomorrow. If you keep doing good, I won't hurt you, that sound good?" Peter nodded

"Good. Now go to your room. I'll bring food later."

Peter walked to his room. He was spiraling. There was more? This wasn't a one time deal? He couldn't live like this- but- but... his friends. He had to do this. For them. Even if he hated it. He would just have to... keep on the down low... get good at his job. And he did. Peter got very good at his job actually.

Eli was started to become more known. Or as they called him on the street, the ghost in black. Eli Black.

Peter couldn't believe this was happening to him. He was well known in the bad streets of Brooklyn. He was getting into bigger stuff. Sometimes he would be out on delivery's and mobs would come up to him. Asking him to come join them. And sometimes... if he said no, they got mad. And he had to fight his way through.

But if the cops weren't on his trail he was good. At least for a while.