|efta|

Untouched

All Rights Reserved

© 2014 Luna Black

~*~

Ariel placed her hands on her stomach, entwining her fingers together as she closed her eyes and began to reminisce about the previous night. A smile grew on her lips slowly as she remembered how Hermes managed to uplift her spirits after she saw Persephone kissing Hades.

She did not know why she felt envious or even sadden by their actions since she was nothing to him, except a burden, but nonetheless, she still hurt. She felt angry at herself for feeling jealous and even wanting to claw Persephone’s eyes out for rubbing it in her face that she had the gorgeous god.

But she was also proud at herself.

She didn’t show Persephone how she truly felt. She smiled and flipped her off, clearly angering the Goddess, who figured she’d receive a different type of outcome.

She was also grateful for the company of Hermes. He was one of the nicest gods present and he treated her like an equal, which surprised her. She’d figure that he’d think of her as a lesser person, but he explained that she was humble and powerful; he admired that quality of hers.

Adrianne entered her chambers, pushing a silver cart and smiled at her, “What’s got you in such high spirits, milady?”

Ariel grinned, swinging her legs to the side of the bed and said, “Good morning, Adrianne! And I’m just really happy, I mean, here I am; living another beautiful day.”

The girl laughed, shaking her head as she poured orange juice on a cup for her and unveiled the silver platters. Ariel squealed in delight at the sight and smell of the delicious fruits she had so quickly grown fond of and stood up to walk to the cart.

She popped a piece of freshly cut strawberry in her mouth and let out a moan. Her day had begun so amazing; she could only hope it kept getting better. This was a few of the first times she ever felt this happy.

Ever since the incident three years ago, she forced herself to be miserable, but now she felt alive; content. Ironically, she was in the kingdom of the undead. Maybe that was why. She was deadly, maybe she felt at home with death so near.

“Well,” Adrianne tucked back her curly hair, “I am glad you are content. I haven’t seen many happy people around here for a long time; it’s refreshing.”

“Of course you haven’t,” Ariel pointed out, swallowing back the delicious kiwi strips, “this place is super dull. You guys have no music and the king of this place is a grumpy man.”

The servant girl gave out a quiet laugh, genuinely feeling grateful that she had some company other than the other workers and said, “Hopefully things will begin changing for the better.”

Ariel shrugged, licking her lips as the juices of the fruits began to slide down her fingers. She let out a content sigh, unable to keep the smile off her face and walked over to the vanity mirror. “This décor is so gorgeous; even though he’s an ass, Hades has great taste in decorating.”

“Well, he wanted the best for his wife,” Adrianne shrugged, slowly widening her eyes as she realized what she said.

She frowned, slowly turning around to look at her and cleared her throat. “W-what did you say?”

Adrianne shook her head quickly, grabbing the silver cart and began to walk out of the room. Ariel glared at her, gritting her teeth and a little more forcefully said, “Adrianne, what did you say?”

“N-nothing,” she stuttered, gulping loudly. She should have been watching what she said more carefully. Now she had angered the girl and Master Hades would be pissed as well. Way to ruin her friend’s day.