|eikosipente|

Untouched

All Rights Reserved

© 2015 Luna Black

~*~

Warning: Longest chapter ever, omg.

“What the hell was that?!” Eros cried out, clenching his fists at his side angrily. “You literally threw your damn future away for no reason!”

“Shut up,” Hades snapped, wiping the side of his mouth as he glared up at him. “I did us both a favour. That was clearly not-”

“Don’t you dare say it wasn’t love,” he hissed, his features turning dark, “I would fucking know; I’m the damn god of that shit. We both know you would do anything to make her happy. So why the hell did you leave her?!”

The drunken god shrugged, placing the bottle on the floor next to him. “I already told you; I was doing us a favour. Her curse was going to be broken by true love, but it wasn’t me that loved her truthfully. The Fates must-”

“You’re so pathetic,” Ares snarled, slamming the door behind him, making the hinges tremble under the force. “You made her cry! You never deserved someone like her.”

“And you did?” Hades snorted, smiling at him evilly, “Or do I need to remind you of Helen? We’re both the same, Ares, I just let her go before I ki-”

Ares stalked towards him, swinging towards his face and Eros winced at the noise that the impact made. Hades stumbled backwards, holding unto his aching eye, but Ares grabbed his collar, his knuckles turning deathly white. “Don’t. You. Ever. Speak. Of. Her. Again. Do you understand me? I might not be able to kill you, but I can find ways to hurt you.”

Hades pushed him off, glaring at him as he stumbled towards the bed and said, “Fuck off, Ares.”

“You know she died, right?!” He spat, his anger taking over him so much he wanted to punch Hades’ skull out. “She fucking saw you kissing Persephone.”

“That was Deimos, it was one of her fears; I never did that.”

Ares rolled his eyes, clenching his fists at his sides and said, “No matter, it was your fault. Hermes took her to the beach and Demos went to attack her. She drowned and to keep the peace between the three major kingdoms, Apollo saved her and tried to keep her living. But it was for nothing, because you’re not worthy enough for her.”

“A-Ariel died?” Hades whispered, the news hitting a nerve within him.

“Yeah,” Ares spat, “and you didn’t even know. So I guess you were right; you didn’t truly love her. And for that, you’ll pay. You’re going to have to watch as she falls in love with someone else and they’ll take care of her the way you never did. And I’ll be damned, if you try to hurt her again, Hades.”

“I didn’t…” he choked on his words, not knowing what to say.

“If I could,” he continued, “I would make her fall in love with me. Because I would take care of her and show her that what you gave her, was nothing in comparison to what I could give her. As a matter of fact, I’m going to go see her right now; is there anything you want to say to her?”

Hades glared at him. “Don’t you dare-”

“-you don’t?” Ares interrupted him, “Very well, goodbye Hades. I’ll make sure that you regret this day for the rest of your damn eternity.”

~*~

After waking up, Ariel realised that she couldn’t be alone. She was a danger to herself more than she was to those around her. Her thoughts were her biggest enemy.