Chapter 19

Sam & Cat & the Haunted Thundermans: The Phantoms

Chapter Nineteen: Where Did I Go Wrong? I Lost a Friend

Phoebe Thunderman POV

It was now 8:05 in the morning on Tuesday, October 28th and I had just arrived at school. You see, we had gotten home a decent time last night, so Max, Billy, Nora, and I had enough energy to go to school. Once I had gotten into the building, I speed walked down the hallways and towards my locker. As soon as I had reached it, I put in my combination, then swung it wide open. I then unzipped my backpack and started to separate the books that I needed for the first two periods from the ones that I would need later. The ones that I didn't need, I just shoved into my locker. But the ones I did need, I just put them aside on the floor. Just as I was about to zip my back pack up and put it into my locker, I saw my best friend Cherry walking down the hallway, heading towards her locker, which was the one to the left of mine.

"Hey, Cherry!" I greeted her, as soon as she had reached it.

Cherry didn't say anything back; she just started to put the combination in for the combination lock on her locker.

"Hey, Cherry!" I repeated.

There was still no reply from Cherry.

"Cherry?" I asked, curious why my best friend wasn't talking to me.

Still, Cherry said nothing back to me. I just figured that Cherry didn't hear me or wasn't fully awake, so I just continued with what I was doing. Since I knew that bell was going to ring in a minute, so I just shoved my back pack into my locker, closed it, picked my books off of the ground and headed towards my homeroom.

For some reason, Cherry ignored me the whole entire day. Whenever the teachers would say that we could work in partners, I would glance at her and give her the "let's work together" signal, but whenever I would do that, she would look away from me and look at another one of her friends and give them the same signal. Also, whenever I would try to talk to her, she would either look away from me, walk away from me, or just say nothing back to me, which made me feel really upset. Plus, at lunch today, she sat with her old friend, Olivia, instead of Sara, Kelsey, Ashley, and I, which bugged me even more.

It was now 2:30, which meant that the school day had just ended. As soon as the bell rang, I rushed out of the classroom and to my locker. I quickly put in my combination on my combination lock and opened it. I then grabbed my back pack and took it out of my locker. I decided to put all of my homework that I had finished in class or in study hall in my locker, so it would lighten up my load. Luckily, I had a little amount of homework left. Just as I was about to close my locker and head home, I saw Cherry walk up to her locker and begin to put her combination today.

"Hey, Cherry," I greeted her, sounding impatient.

Just like she had been doing earlier, she ignored me and didn't say anything back. After all of the times that she had ignored me today, I knew that she actually heard me this morning. She was ignoring me on purpose, which really made me mad, so I sort of flipped out on her. I honestly don't know what happened. I guess that all of my anger was building up inside of me and it finally burst out of me.

"What the heck, Cherry!?!?" I exclaimed, furious at her.

Still, Cherry chose to ignore me. I then grabbed her my the shoulders and turned her around, making her face towards me, so she couldn't ignore me again.

"Why are you ignoring me!?!?" I asked.

"Let go of me, Phoebe!" She cried, as she tried to pry my hands off of her shoulders.