Chapter 5: Support group

June 7th, 2018

Dear diary,

Not only did I find out that I have the same therapist as the hot Quarter back AND players from school. But also the boy from computer, black streaks of hair peeking from his dark clothes, his sharp eyes. He was mysterious. Which was sexy.

I do know the two athletes, Max and DaKarie, but I'm pretty sure everyone that goes to Westmont does. They're literally two of the most popular guys in school. But I've never actually had a conversation with any of them.

I've never even spoken to them before today. They couldn't have known me which was what it was but it was still shocking to have something in common with them. Especially this.

The counseling office that I go to hasn't been making enough money to subsidize their staff members. And over the past couple of months, they have lost tons of workers due to money cutbacks, specially to underpaid checks. A bunch of the staff took better job offers at other branches, including my old therapist.

I've been seeing Dr. Morrison for about a week now, and he's now one of the only staff members still working there. What they did is give all of the therapy sessions like normal but switched all of the teens into a Sunday support group. And if you needed an emergency session, you would have to call in.

The journals are purely a recommendation to help get all of your feelings out in a productive way, to some more than others. And today was the first meeting.

I wasn't really sure how well it was gonna go but once I got inside, it didn't seem too bad. I didn't grab any of the snacks, but headed straight to the circle of chairs in the middle of the room.

It was kinda awkward, all of us just sitting around, staring and twiddling our thumbs, waiting for the seats to fill. I was looking around the room when I saw Max sitting in one of the metal chairs.

He was leaned forward, his hands folded between his legs. I was confused as hell when I found out he went to therapy too but we all had our pasts, and our issues. I sure had mine. He looked just as good as the last time I saw him.

Dr.Morrison introduced himself to the room but of course, we had already met. He asked the rest of us to do the same, so each of us went around the room, introducing our names and our issues. You would think this was a bad idea, being forced to tell a bunch of random people you didn't trust something so personal, but you could tell they were desperate.

We were only two people in when a guy walked into the room, chewing loudly on some cookies. We all stared at him as he collapsed carelessly into the seat, taking a minute until he noticed the eyes on him.

It was Dakarie.

And I almost had a heart attack. How the hell was I supposed to talk about my issues in front of..him? Jesus, did my balls sweat now.

He looked to the counselor and nodded a greeting, then made a comment on how crappy the cookies were. Aah. How I've missed him.

I was the next to go and I said, and I quote, " My names JJ, or Jaime, and I'm, uh, anorexic. Yeah.."

Oh sweet mary joseph..

• • • •
I swear to god, I've seen this dude before! But where? He had brown hair and these geeky ass glasses. But they were cute on him. Like..you know, didn't make his face all warped looking and shit.

They continued down the line of freaks, kleptomania, schizophrenia, social anxiety, a bunch others I couldn't remember, until they reached me.

I remember looking at Max, who seemed genuinely curious to what I was about to say. The fuck was his problem? Why did he give a shit about anyone but himself. Screw this dude. He should have kept to him self.