Chapter 20: JJ

"Lemme get this straight. So you mean to tell me you got drunk. Trashed your parents place. Then got high. Then had a foursome with some dudes you barely knew, from school none the less..while your family was off watching your homophobic grandfather being put in the ground?"

JJ stared wide eyed at his friend. "When you put it like that it sounds like a bad thing."

"Pff, bro." He sighed, flopping down next to Alice who was shaking her head.

"Plus it couldn't have been a foursome cause we didn't have sex and Kyle wasn't even apart of it. Also, how DARE you? I knew them very well! I-

"Really?" She questioned, smirking. "How long you know 'em for bruh? 1 month..2?"

He stared at the popcorn ceiling blinking slowly as he thought.

"Three weeks..? Maybe?"

"Tsk, see-" She started and they both began to laugh. She gave him a look as if to prove her point and started sifting through her short hair with her hand.

He was still pretty freaked out by that, even after about a month. It turned out A, the guy from Starbucks was..not a guy at all but an Alice. She had assumed he was a girl; which hurt his pride very much, and he assumed she was a guy.

Once she got home and realized that fact, she planned to never call or come face to face with him again. Until she came in for coffee last week during his shift. You should see her though. She would make one hell of a man..

"Yo, stop worrying. I'm a lesbian man, I know all about moving too fast." She waved him over to her thigh, as if she was gonna tell him a little bed time story.

He appreciated the gesture.

"There was this one chick a couple years back. I was 14 and she was like..god, I don't even know..-

"Dude-

"Nah, she wasn't THAT old..she um..just graduated I think. So..maybe 18? 19? I met her at a friends of a friends party, apparently she was the 'chaperone' but all she really did was make sure no kids got too wasted and started fooling around in the bedrooms...guess she kinda fucked herself on that one..or you know, I did-heh. We dated for like a week before she asked if I would move in with her.

"I told her I was 18 which somehow she believed and when I told her my real age-

"She dumped you?" He said with a raised eyebrow.

"Nah, she wanted to overlook it cause she liked my personality. And my mouth. She was actually pretty chill about it. But then I thought what kinda grown ass woman willingly dates a 14 year old so I dumped her."

"I mean..yeah but..damn, your cruel." Alice shrugged, leaning back on her elbows.

"As is life."

"You're crazy."

"Shit, I know. I'm just glad I got a gay friend who can keep speed Mr. It- totally-wasn't-a-foursome." They started cracking up even though it totally WASNT a foursome and they continued to lie there for a bit before getting ready to head down stairs to cook lunch for the kids.

Gay friends were hard to come by in person. Around your age, not desperate for sex or relationships, finding ones that weren't toxic assholes. It was hard. JJ honestly preferred this to a guy.

In just a week he and Alice got closer than probably any friend he'd ever had. And he was glad to finally have someone to tell his secret to cause..it was a pretty big secret.

School started in about a week and he hadn't really talked to any of the guys since that night. Like, he lived right across from Karie, so of course they saw each other but DaKarie had been good about avoiding him.