Chapter 17: Max

July|20th

After lunch it was back on the road again. Max was positive he'd finally gotten Kyle to open up and for a while there, he was actually the one to start conversations. But time went on and conversation began to buffer, Kyle slowly sank back into himself and Max didn't know what to do. He continued to vibe off Xavier and tried to keep conversation light but it was impossible.

After a while of prying him open, he had finally given up and decided to put in some ear buds and let the music carry him away.

He pretended not to notice as he felt a smooth hand run up his cheek or fingers that burrowed in his hair.

"Kyle.."

His head was resting on one of the mans legs and Max was trying his hardest not to open his eyes and just jump him. They shouldn't be doing this right? Around people, shit, around family? His thoughts drifted some when a hand ran over his big shoulders.

"What are you guys doing?"

The familiar voice rang from a place that was definitely not beneath him and he shot up. Fucking Xavier sitting there, barely holding in his laughter now.

Max jerked away, ass hitting the floor of the trailer. What the fuck was wrong with this dude?!

"Kyle, Kyle!" He cackled, making kissing faces at Max like a 6 year old.

Kyle gave a short chuckle before stalking off to the bathroom, towel in hand. He couldn't even get some fucking help, really?

"What?" He asked, trying to laugh the joke off. Xavier went apologizing and clutching at his side.

"Bro, its not that funny but like-..you were really getting into it, huh? Got anything you wanna share with the group?" He grinned wide, slapping at Max's leg playfully. He jerked back without thinking, trying to find it funny.

"Ay man..always down for some cuddling. Don't act like your above it." He stumbled to his feet with grin. His stomach was rolling now. Maybe from nerves or motion sickness or half a box of trail mix he wasn't sure. All he knew is-

"Dude, you look like your gonna puke-"

Yeah, you would be correct.

The door to the tiny bathroom wasn't locked but as he pulled it open, steam rushed out and Kyle's voice called out from the shower. Max didn't have time to respond or politely apologize or even drool at the mere proximity of the dripping dude.

Seconds later he was crouched over the toilet and spewing about a weeks worth of food. His throat was on fire, his eyes stung and he tried not to break into tears as he felt a somewhat damp hand rub his shoulder and his back. Well this was just great.

"You don't have to do this you know. I'm fine, just a little car sick.." Max said, squirming in an attempt to escape Kyle's overly soothing grasp.

He pulled away the damp cloth only to return it once he'd settled down again.

"You are not fine. Just let me take care of you." He said.

Kyle continued to damp Max down, the towel trailing behind water droplets as it stroked his skin. The scenario was much more erotic in real life and Max tried his best to tame himself. He might be a romantic but he was just as much a horny bastard as everyone else.

"Seriously, enough.." Max snapped, shifting so his crotch was covered. "I said I'm fine."

They both grew silent.

"Look, I was just trying to help. Why you getting so freaked out?" After another minute of silence, he continued. "If this is about earlier, he was just goofing around. He doesn't mean anything by it-"

"No, alright. I just need some space, man."
Without thought, he added, "I don't feel comfortable with you touching me like that."

"Like what?" Kyle said looking genuinely confused and Max hesitated as he dropped his eyes to his chest and it was a second later Kyle started to snicker.

"You..don't have anything to worry about. Definitely not into this."

"Wooow okay, I see how it is.."

"I didn't me-..think what you want I guess." Kyle shook his head, grinning a little which had Max chuckling.

"So then what are you into?"

"Why does it matter?" Kyle eyed him. He shrugged.

"Just curious."

Kyle sat there for a bit, just brushing him down with the cloth. "I..don't know to be honest. I don't think I'm into anything."

"Shit." Max mumbled, "Ill try not to be too disappointed then."

"Man, you just said-"

"Joking, joking..here." He pulled out his phone, typing something in real quick. Max waited for the results to pop up before showing it to Kyle. He took it, scrolling quietly.

"What you think? Could you be one of those?"

"How do you know about this stuff?"

"I..know some people, I guess. Now tell me. Am I right?"

The boy stared silently, deep in thought. He didn't respond, shutting off the phone and picking up the rag again. Max grinned at the small on his lips. He resisted the urge to grab the mans hands and pull him close.

"I'll take that as a yes."