Chapter 7: JJ

July|11th

JJ's parent's had already left for work, so he ended up spending his morning with his sisters getting pampered at the spa. Granted he had ditched with Anna and Este, because as gay as he was; and as much as he could use a pedicure, he was still a guy. It just wasn't for him.

He was gonna go across the street to Walmart simply to walk around and Anna had begged to go with him because, well, Anna and acrylics were not a good match. And as the two of them were leaving, Este came running along in her tiny vest and slacks, not giving a reason but a stern look.

Eh, that was enough for him.

Neither of his sister's seemed interested in browsing the clothing section or looking at toys, so he walked them to a small Subway that sat next to the front entrance. JJ didn't eat but bought food for his sisters as they waited for their siblings to finish across the parking lot.

They used two cars to carry the massive group, Sarah driving her car with the triplets. Anna rode with JJ but had to sit in the back so she could take care of Jane.

They were about to pull into the cul-da-sac when she stopped for some reason. She continued and that's when he noticed the moving truck blocking one side of the entrance.

Anna swung the door open, hoping out before he could object and leaving him with the infant.

"Aw, she leave you? Such a meanie, huh chipmunk?" He cood to the bundle of drool, unbuckling her and extracting her from the car.

As soon as he opened the door, Roxy bolted out, knocking into his leg and making him wobble. He held onto Jane for dear life, willing to sacrifice all his bones as he cradled her little head.

"Hey! Roxy, come here!" He rushed Anna back to take the now crying baby as he heard someone yell from behind him.

Crap, crap, crap!

He began running to the direction the yell was coming from. Roxy was hunched over a body, attacking the innocent man with her 'playing'.

"I'm sorry! God, I'm so sorry!"  He pulled her off by her collar. She sat obediently then, panting, as if having done no wrong. JJ sighed and offered the guy a hand.

"Oh s-.."

The guy had dark hair and light skin, surprisingly blue eyes for a b- well, a black guy. And his eyelashes were amazing! It was DaKarie, of all the people his dog could've run into.

Well he couldn't blame her. She had some good taste..

"I'm sorry about Roxy, she can get a little excited." The guy glared, wiping his face. It softened a little at the pup.

He patted her head reluctantly.

"It's cool, just put that girl on a leash or somethin'."

"Can do. Uh, it's JJ." He held his hand out with a smile and DaKarie glanced to it briefly before staring at him. Then he took it before shoving his hands deep into his pocket.

He nodded his head before speaking. "DaKarie."

"I know. Been going to the same district. Since third grade.." His mouth drop open in awe. Yeah, he definitely didn't have a clue who JJ was before the meeting.

WELP-

DaKarie nodded his head as if his previous statement was obvious.

"Yeah. Good to see you again."

Was this dude serious?

JJ laughed, "You don't have to pretend like you know who I am."

"The fuck? I-I know who you are!" He narrowed his eyes, hand on his chest. "Your the nerd, right?"

"I'm guessing that makes you the deviant?" DaKarie scoffed. He didn't know whether to be angry or amused.

"I deny that accusation. I am a wonderful Samaritan." He smirked.

"Oh, look at you with the big words. So smart."

"Your cocky, bruh." He said with a reluctant chuckle. "I like it."

They both stood there for a minute with Roxy sitting on the cement between them almost like an officiant. The silence was deafening but in a good way. His heart was beating like crazy.

"Uh.." Whatever it was, the guy shook off, reaching for one of the fallen boxes instead.

"Oh, sorry. Lemme-" He leaned down to help, Roxy still standing there, sniffing around as if it wasn't her fault they were on their knees. DaKarie hesitated but didn't stop him.

JJ noticed a picture frame lying in the grass next to them, a picture of a woman holding her child on her lap, a darker man standing behind. He reached out to grab it but his hand was pulled back.

JJ tried to apologize, lost looking at the guy. DaKarie loosened his grip when he realized how rough he'd been. They sat frozen for a long moment.

DaKarie shook his head. He stood, personal items in hand and made a point of distancing himself. JJ tried not to feel too disappointed.

"She's really pretty..is that your mom?"

You idiot.

Dakarie clenched his jaw and spoke with practically gritted teeth. "Thanks for the help but I was kinda in the middle of something."

"Aaand, what might that be?" He tried to bring back the light mood from a little bit ago but the comment seemed to only make DaKarie more agitated.

"Cardboard boxes, moving truck. The fuck you think it is?"

????

.....

....

OOOOOOOHHHH!!!!

"S-....your the new neighbor?!" DaKarie gave a sarcastic smile as if to say 'Ding, ding, ding! Your slow ass finally figured it out!'

"You got me. Look, it was a good chat, but I gotta help my dad unpack n' shit." He took a few steps, shifting the box in his arms. He turned back, just for a second.

Those damn eyes.

"I'm sure I'll, uh, see you around JJ..?"

He smiled before he spoke. "Yeah, of course."

He looked troubled but gave a small smile, looking over JJ once more before making his way to the Robinson's.

DaKarie Jones.

I'm living with DaKarie Jones.

Mmmmother of Merlins beard! WHY!!