Chapter 14: Kyle

Diary entry 94: The date is June 20th, 2018 and I've been wondering lately what it would be like if I never lost my family.

I would still be back home, helping my parents cook and hanging with Eun Jung and attending high school which I would honestly prefer to american schooling, even if I had to work harder.

My life would be so different and I'd have back everything that was taken from me.

But no matter how much I want that, I don't think I could live my life any differently. I wouldn't want to lose the people I met here. The brother I found in some obnoxious, dumb american boy who's never had a single intelligent thought in his entire li-

-

"Dude, what the fuck!" Kyle had spotted Xavier in the reflection of his screen, the creep. He took in the look on Kyle's face and shoved him.

"Not funny."

"Maybe you shouldn't stalk so much."

Xavier held his hands up as if raising a white flag before getting a call and rushing off, no doubt dealing with his drama again.

-

Anyway.

Hes my brother. The only reason Im still here. Sure he's facetious and immature but he'd a good man. No life would be worth living without him.

Kyle stepped away from his monitor, trying to shake off the sadness that was building, instead focusing on the packed schedule ahead of him.

He had to make rounds at the animal shelter, feed the pets, get em cleaned, walk them, all that.

He was thankful for the task because it gave him something good to start the day off with. He would need it to prepare for the asshole he had to teach.

Like a final meal before a slow, painful death.

"Hey, so Payton called, she said she wanted to hang. You coming?" Xavier asked from behind the door.

"No, days packed. Hows she doing though? Haven't heard from her in a bit."

Xavier shrugged, slinking over to Kyle's side in the closet as he searched for an outfit that wasn't too emo, which he hated is how he presented to people.

He wasn't emo, just suicidal. Was that so hard to comprehend?

"I'm not sure what's going on. She said they were working it out and..well, that's pretty much all she told me. Would I be a bad boyfriend if I didn't like, keep asking her or would that make me seem kinda suffocating or nosy or..?"

"Xaiver I think your asking the wrong person for advice. Just..tell her your concerned and that she can come to you when she needs, I guess." Kyle said with uncertainty.

How in the hell was he supposed to give relationship advise when he'd never been in a relationship?

Hell, he was 17 and had never touched another person, non platonic-ally that is. It wasn't exactly normal was it?

It's not like physical contact with another person would make him implode or something.

The easiest way to explain it was a straight man could get it up to a random women on the internet. Or a girl could fawn over the sight of abs. Kyle had neither ability.

He thought of having someone one day, how it might make him feel. How it might feel to be protective and be protected.

But he couldn't. Get. It up.

"So a way to remember it could be 'Oscar had a hand full of apples.'"

"Fatass Oscar needs a dentist."