Chapter 37: Max

May 31st- It's been a shit month

May 31st- It's been a shit month. Stuck in a hospital bed, barely managed to drag my ass through the second half of the semester. Haven't been back to school since prom.

Fucking chemo.

Not like it hasn't been affecting me but..it's weird. After that dance. It was like the final thing and I could feel what was about to hit me. Told Em then, dude I gotta get out of here. And I was right cause it hit me like a fucking bus.

Officially sporting the Mr. Clean look now. Hats were fine and all but at some point..gotta cut your losses. Literally.

Em meant what she said which didn't surprise me a bit.

We look like aliens without our hair. But she makes it fun.

We do these pranks on people. Two sickly teens in love, we really played that shit up. We could get people to do just about anything.

It mostly ended with a crap ton of desserts. Cause what else could you do for a cancer child but free muffins.

Emily also gets to accessorize with scarves and shît now, which she likes. She misses her hair but she says she'll live without it. Like I will mine.

Eh..she's sweet like that, you know?

Anyway. Schools just about out which is a relief. Have a couple months to get back on my feet, hopefully.

It's mostly just..Emily around now. She doesn't want me to feel alone. Which I guess I do feel sometimes.

I haven't spoken to DaKarie. I walk out of the room when he's there, I don't go near him, I don't think about him. Ever. He..what he did. I can't.

It's the opposite with the boys. I'm toxic, man. They stay away. Even if they forgave me, even if we forgot about all of it and just let live..would it even be worth it?

Chances are we'd go through the same shit, have the same fights. And it's not like I'll be around for much longer so..they should stay mad really. Far away. It's better in the end.

My ma..well it's been a few months. Haven't heard from her, I don't know if she knows about the cancer. Hell, I don't know if she's alive.

I don't know. Maybe she has her reasons. Right? Maybe she's happy now.

She wouldn't have left if she knew. I know it. And if she did know then she would be here right now. She might make crappy decisions from time to time but she loves her kids.

My dad's family, they visited me a few times. I couldn't give a reason for why they don't visit often, we're not close anyway. Doesn't change much for me. Yeah my dad cares and maybe my brothers but..doesn't make us okay, not like in the movies. Nothings changed.