15.

Two days later...

Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana

Wednesday
September 9, 2026

2:34 p.m.

Omniscient

Omniscient

"I know that things aren't just gonna get better over night but I owe you an apology baby." Dominique said as she watched Koren drop her head. The two sat on the porch of their home along with Jordyn who'd decided to help Dominique look after the girls until Jasper took care of everything. They were all seeing firsthand what "it takes a village..." really meant.

Jasper had finally gotten a call from Persia about where she was and he'd asked his friend Vick to fly him to her so he could get his family and bring them back. This was the best way to make sure they all made it back into town safely without a run in with the cops. The cops knew all of Jasper's friends and family and expected him to run back to them if he returned. Little did they know he'd already been in town when Persia's whereabouts and him being alive had made the news. The video surveillance of him being at the hospital for Kyla weeks ago had also surfaced as employees there told what they knew. The whole family was being watched as of now by the authorities but they didn't know about Vick who'd offered to hide Jasper, his wife, and his children until Jasper could find some evidence to clear themselves. It was true that Persia was innocent of killing all of those women years ago but now that she'd killed Daphne and was actually guilty of that murder things had gotten much more complicated.

"Mom you don't have to keep apologizing. You've done it already." Koren grabbed her mother's hand. "You and daddy have both done it enough."

"No." Dominique shook her head. "I'll never be able to say I'm sorry enough because I should've been your mother and not your friend. That's what I'm gonna be from here on out and I'm gonna need you to try to change as well. You have a baby coming. I know that my neglect as a parent pushed you to some of that wild behavior you were doing but that's not happening anymore because I'm gonna be in your business 24/7 breathing down your neck. I'm gonna make sure that you take care of this baby. You are because I'm not doing it for you. You've gotta provide the love for that child. You've gotta feed it, change it, wipe his tears, get up with him at night, everything. You have to be a parent. Something I should've been better at doing." She exhaled.

"And I appreciate your apology but next time you buck up at me I'm dragging you to the hospital and locking you in one of the rooms." Jordyn told her.

Koren's eyes widened.

"She's just playing baby." Dominique said doing an awkward laugh looking at Jordyn giving her a look.

"Akikiki.." Jordyn fake laughed. "No she ain't baby. I'm dead the fuck serious. I'll knock her out and drag her to the emergency room." She sipped some her of lemonade crossing her legs.