19.

Jasper Madlock

"Are you lost sweetheart?" I squatted down to make sure the child on my doorstep was okay. She didn't say anything. She just stared at me and I stared back at her. I could only imagine how confused and frightened she was being out this late. I couldn't help but worry about her because she looked close to Arianna's age.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" I asked grabbing her hands.

"No." She shook her head.

I decided that I was going to bring her inside and call the police because there should've been no reason for a child this young to be out this late. Some parents were so trifling and I was curious as to how they'd let her out of their sights for her to end up walking the streets. I didn't want to think about what could've happened to her if she'd walked into someone who wasn't as nice as me. She was a fucking toddler. Just thinking about the shit made me mad and I clenched my jaw picking her up.

"I'm gonna get you some help." I told her. "Okay?" I tapped her nose lightly.

"Okay daddy." She smiled.

"Huh?" I raised an eyebrow slowly putting her down staring at her and by the time my mouth had dropped and I realized who she was I almost passed out seeing her step in front of the door.

"Hi Jasper." Mia smiled tilting her head to the side picking up Karlee. "Missed me? I've missed you."

I stared at her with wide eyes as my eyes landed back on the child that I'd realized was my daughter. I was so confused as to how she was here and how she was so young when she would be turning 8 this year. It had taken me some time to go on without my child being in my life after she was murdered. Seeing her just brought back that hurt I felt hearing from a doctor that she'd passed. I'd managed to find another sex doll that looked exactly like Persia. That wasn't easy seeing as to how they'd gone off of the market immediately after her picture ended up on the news circling its way around the world. I searched high and low going on the internet trying to find someone who had one and was willing to sell it. I had to spin that shít as if Persia had a twin who'd framed her. I told them that she was obsessed with me and that I'd gone to dinner that night with her to tell her that I didn't want her and that she needed to turn herself in for the things she'd done. I told them that she'd snapped and returned to kill the waitress that had talked to me that night at dinner.

I lied to them and told them that she'd come to my house and stabbed me which was why my blood was in the house. The reason I wasn't there was because I'd taken Persia and decided to leave in order to protect her because I knew that her "twin" was setting her up for shit she was innocent of. I told so many lies that night that I started to believe them myself. I was just glad the shit was over. At least I thought so because in clearing Persia's name Mia had returned as herself and I was shook to the core.

"M-Mia?" I looked at Karlee who wrapped her arms around she neck. She'd murdered my baby and now she was standing here on my doorstep with her. "What are you doing here? How are you even alive again? How do you have my daughter??" I bombarded her with questions.

"Aht aht." She shook her head. "Our daughter." She told me.

I stepped outside pulling the door closed behind me because if Persia saw her I knew that that would be chaos. I didn't know what Mia wanted but I didn't want her to ruin our lives again. We were just piecing them back together and everyone was happy.

"I missed you." She pecked my lips and I backed up.

"I know. I know that I'm wrong for a lot of things that I left you to deal with but I'm trying to change. I know that when I was in Persia's body and had taken over it as long I had that some part of you had to feel for me."

"Wrong. I'm in love with my wife." I frowned.

"Oh really?" She frowned. "Which one?" She asked and it caught me off guard. "You don't know who you love sweetheart. I know you're standing there thinking I'm delusional but you're clearly the delusional one trying to force yourself to love a dollhuman just so you won't have to admit that you want to go back to a woman who humiliated you when she cheated. Fucking them both huh?" She sucked her teeth and smirked. "Clever." She said.

"What do you want Mia? Why are you back?" I clenched my jaw.

"Aw baby." She fake pouted poking out her lip caressing my cheek. "I've told you. I want you. I want us to try to do it right this time and be a family." She told me. "I'd be a better mother to our children when we have more. Look at how I've raised Karlee."

"Karlee is me and Persia's child. Not yours. After what the fuck you did to her.." I stepped toward her and she stepped back.

"Bullshit." She snapped as Karlee started to drift off to sleep holding her tight. "You can't possibly think she's a better parent than me when she's afraid to do anything for those children. While I was emotionally disconnected from Karlee I still did things for her and tried to love her. I know Persia still felt that I was part of her. Whether I was still inside of her or not we were always tied together over the years in some way. You thought she was scared to harm the children? Thing is she felt the disconnection I felt. I'd left her but in a way I hadn't really left if that makes sense."

"You bitch.." I said through clenched teeth wanting to knock her out for everything she'd left us to deal with over the years.

"I want you back Jasper and I'm gonna have you." She smirked stepping toward me kissing the middle of my neck and I stood there trying not to hit her and risk waking Karlee, the neighbors, and Persia.

"You got me completely fucked up if you think I'm gonna be with you and if you think I'm letting you leave here with my child."

"You see that's the fun in this because I am leaving with her and if you want her you'll make the smart decision to do what I want whenever I want. You won't speak of me being back to anybody like you did before. You won't tell your wife."

"And why the fuck would—"

"Sweetie.." She smiled shaking her head. "If you wanna see the other wife alive that left here tonight you'll do it. Let's see how much you really love either of them."

"Mia..." My breath got caught in my throat for a second. "Don't do this man. Not again."

"I'll be in touch." She smiled pecking my lips before walking off with Karlee in her arms. "Tell daddy bye Karlee."

"Bye daddy." Karlee said tiredly and my eyes watered watching them leave.