Chapter 24

A few months after the engagement

"Dude. I was thinking and now that we're getting married, are you my queen now? Or are you still my princess?" Milo asked, randomly.

"I prefer princess. Now go to bed, we have brunch with our parents in the morning." I mumbled into his chest.

-

"Wake up princess." He said, poking my cheek.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Brunch with our parents remember?"

"Oh yeah. Give me fifteen minutes and a cup of coffee and I'll be ready." I mumbled into the pillow. It was then I realized I was alone in the bed.

"Coffee is on the breakfast bar, I grabbed it while I let you sleep in."

I couldn't help but smile and blush a little at the thought of Milo letting me sleep in and getting me coffee. We're engaged now and he still makes me blush.

"Thank you for that, you didn't have to."

"Anything for you princess." He gave me a wink and a quick peck before helping me up.

-

When we got to the cafe the first thing Milo's family did was observe the ring he gave me and mine did the same to him.

"You two are so perfect for each other." My mom said as she sat down. The other three parents agreed and sat down as well, leaving me and Milo still standing. Milo pulled me down onto his lap in a chair they had pulled up to the table.

"And how is that Mom?" I questioned her.

"You proposed at the same time."She said dreamily.

I rolled my eyes with a smile and felt Milo rest his head on my shoulder.

"I guess that counts." I sighed, trying not to shrug so Milo wouldn't move. Milo moved anyways, but it was only to kiss my cheek before resting his head back on my shoulder. Our parents took an interest in the action, thinking it would have been something else.

"So why were you two late?" Milo's dad asked.

"Oh, I went grab a few things this morning and let Jayden sleep in. Sorry if we made you late long." Milo apologized.

"No, it's alright sweetheart." His mom said.

"We actually talked about the wedding and got to know each other." My dad agreed with Milo's mom.

-

We talked about the wedding for the rest of brunch, and I knew our parents were suspicious of us and the real reason we were late and why Milo was being so affectionate, but it was still nice. Our parents got along well, they always had, and I knew my parents already thought of Milo as a son, I wasn't sure about what Milo's parents thought of me, but according to Milo, they like me. I guess I have to take his word.

-

"I'm marrying Milo Dunn." I said to myself happily as we laid in bed that. "Milo Dunn picked me."

I was talking to myself so quietly I didn't know Milo was listening until he responded, "I can't believe you picked me."

"We've been over this, charm, good looks, skill in bed, cuddles, you're really cute, cuddles, everything about you, cuddles."

"You said cuddles three times."

"I know. What I don't know is why you, Milo Dunn the man who can make anyone fall in love with him, chose me. Jayden, a girl who was broken, with trust and commitment issues."

"Oh that's easy, the first time I saw you I realized you were the most beautiful person in the galaxy, then after I got to know you I saw how sweet and funny and cute you are, and accidentally fell in love with you. It's all your fault really if you weren't so smart, funny, beautiful, perfect, and amazing in bed and as a cuddle buddy, we wouldn't be here at all. Not to mention you look so damn good in my clothes, your clothes, no clothes."

He sent me a wink after no clothes and I found myself blushing.

"And that, we're engaged now and I still make you blush. I like it, it's cute, you're cute. And you let me call you princess."

His hand loosely cupped my cheek and he looked at me, a look of pure adoration on his face as his eyes ran over my face, stopping at my lips, then flicking up to my eyes. I found myself getting lost in his beautiful eyes, something I loved doing. I found myself searching his eyes, all I found was love. I found myself smiling at him, and he smiled back.

"How'd I get so lucky?" He said exactly what I was thinking quietly.

"I was thinking the same thing."I sighed, allowing myself to snuggle up to him. "I love you."

"I love you, too."