8.

I had a shower and made sure dad was comfortable and in bed while I stayed on the couch with a cup of tea in my hands.

I flicked mindlessly through the television channels to find nothing of any interest.

It wasn't long after that, Harry and Susie were back. Harry bidded me goodnight and Susie sat herself down on dad's recliner and groaned in relief to be off her feet.

Placing both hands on top of her bulging stomach, A water bottle next to her on the table, Susie looked at me, waiting for me to talk. I've thought about what I would say in my head, but now the moment was here, no words could form together to make a simple sentence.

"What was that?" Susie asked me in a soft melodic voice.

"What was what?"

"I'm pregnant, not stupid, May. The tension was so thick in there. And it wasn't just me and Tiff." Susie said Tiff's name in a sneer. "Con was more than happy to meet you then something snapped in him and he went really cold."

Ah, so Susie noticed that too.

"I don't know."

Susie narrowed her eyes at me and the guilt twisted even more in my stomach.

"Have you met my step brother before?"

I sighed, exhaling the long breathe. "Maybe. I don't know." I grimaced. "I never asked him for his name."

Susie frowned and muttered. "Why would you talk to some one if you don't know their naaaaa....." Then with wide eyes she gasped very dramatically. "No! You didn't! Did you? I thought you were a lesbian?"

Susie's face was a mixture of emotions, ranging from surprise to disgust to even confusion.

"I'm not a lesbian." I rolled my eyes and puffed out my cheeks. "I'm bisexual. I like men and women. And I don't know. He looks familiar. But that doesn't mean I've met him, name or no name. You know I like to have fun and my sex drive is highly active." I shrugged, trying to feel comfortable.

"You slept with him! You screwed Conrad!" She shrieked then quickly covered her mouth, hoping not to disturb my dad or Harry. "You let him fuck your brains out!" Then the gravity of her words came crashing to her. "Ew!"

"Susie, shush! I don't know and if I did, I didn't know and I'm so sorry if that's the case but I don't know. I meet so many people and I can't remember all their names!" I tried explaining and redeem myself to her but she grinned.

"So, when did this happen?" She pried at me, trying to get info but I shook my head, still denying that Mr Hunky is Conrad, Susie's step brother! "Come on. Look, Con and Tiffany," again with the sneer at the mention of Tiffany's name, "broke up. I was elated over it. But it lasted like a fucking week! And they have been together for nearly a year! Now they are fucking engaged!"

I gulped. Nearly a year? As much as I love the horizontal tango, I'm not a home wrecker. "When did they separate?" I managed to squeak out, afraid of an answer. Susie just said they split for a week. Please, tell me he wasn't attached that night I was with him, I screamed in my head.

"About a week and a half ago."

That was it. The penny dropped, glass shattered in my soul.

"Then three days ago, bang! Engaged!" Susie curled her top lip up, rubbing her stomach. "Fucking gold digging slag."

"Look, Susie, I doubt it was your brother. There is like, seventeen million people in New York and what are the odds?" I chuckled nervously but in reality, I was denying the whole lot. I slept with him and I know it, while he was in a relationship. "I meet many people in my career and yeah," I shrugged my shoulders, not looking at her. "Go to bed, get some rest. You'll need it from what I've heard."

Susie still eyed me suspiciously. "I don't care if you slept with him, I think it's, funny, in a weird sense."

Arching an eyebrow to Susie, I couldn't get what she meant. "How is all this funny. He is technically my step brother in law." I drawled out, thinking of the relation.

"It's funny because I think it is." Susie told me proudly. I have no idea why she was proud and I put it down as a weird pregnancy thing. "Besides, I want him to see that she is no good. I rather anyone, even you, I don't care, to be with him, or for Con to stay single, but any one. Just not Tiffany. She doesnt even look like she loves him." Again, Susie sneered at the name, mimicking her, flicking hair off her shoulder, rolling her eyes.

It was something that made me giggle.

"Hey, maybe you can help me break them up. I won't have her in my family." Susie stated and I looked at her with a deep frown, surprised she said such things so bluntly.

"Susie, I'm not doing that." I snorted at her. "I don't wreck relationships."

"But you slept with Con. While he was with her."

"I don't know if it was your brother!" I wanted to scream at her but I kept my cool and stood up. "I think I might just go full blown lesbian if you keep this up." I joked at Susie. "Go to bed. Rest."

Susie narrowed her eyes again and pouted at me before poking her tongue out. "Yes mum!"