12.

I turned to Susie, giving out a nervous smile. "What do you mean?"

I saw the frown Conrad had on his face.

"I may have just pushed out an eight pound baby, but I'm not blind. Why are you scowling Con and why are you avoiding eye contact, May?"

"You pushed? I thought you were having a cesarean?" I asked her in surprise.

"Don't change the subject!" Susie growled at me, holding Lillian.

"I'm always frowning, Susie Q." Conrad shrugged.

"I'm not avoiding eye contact." I laughed nervously. "I'm looking straight at you."

Susie hummed, narrowing her eyes. "I'm on to you two." She warned us. "Just be lucky that I'm too exhausted to care right now."

I gave Susie a confused look and shook my head, shrugging my shoulders. "Yeah, alright." I played out, pretending that she doesn't know what she was on about. "I'm going home. I'll see you in a couple days or so." I leaned down and kissed Susie's cheek. "Congrats again. Tell Harry I said bye."

Before Susie could say anything more, I nearly ran out off that room, leaving maternity.

Going to the elevators, there was no way I would be taking the stairs again, I pushed the button and waited. I bounced around on one foot to another, whispering come on when the doors finally opened.

"Oh, Harry! I'm heading out. I'll see ya at home." I smiled at him, about to step in to the elevator just as Conrad came around the corner.

Oh fuck me! I screamed in my head.

"How are you getting home? Is dad still here?" Harry asked me, holding on to his and Susie's drinks.

I pointed to behind me. "I'll, uh, bus it."

Harry saw Conrad, standing of to the side. The elevator doors closed and I pouted tightly. Damn it.

Harry frowned at me. "Nonsense. I'm pretty sure Conrad can take you home." Harry smiled at his brother in law. "I mean if it isn't any trouble."

"Nah. I can take her back home." Conrad grinned and my jaw dropped. I couldn't think of any excuses.

"Great!" Harry chuckled. "Well, I better get back to Susie. I'll see ya later, May. Thanks Conrad." Harry turned and went down the hall as I gulped, refusing to look at Conrad.

"I already told you I can take you home." He stated to me. I heard the elevator move again, coming back to this level when I turned to him.

"I'm fine. But thanks." I stated.

"Are you avoiding me?" He asked with a mouthwatering smirk.

"Pft." I rolled my eyes at him, showing Conrad my back as the elevator doors opened.

Stepping in, I pressed the floor level I wanted. Conrad pressed a different button.

"Maya, I'm more than happy to take you home."

I spun around to face him. "No. Thanks for the offer, but no."

I watched the frown appear on Conrad's face as he heard my words, but I wasn't finishing yet.

"You have a fiance. You know that. I know that. What the fuck was that in the stairwell?"

Conrad didn't answer me and I knew he wouldn't. When the doors opened again, I stepped out, walking away from Conrad in a huff. I didn't want to be near him. If I was near him, I will smell him again and his scent makes me want to do bad and naughty things.

Peeking behind me, I saw I was alone and smirked as I kept walking, finding the closest bus stop outside the hospital. I have absolutely no idea where the bus goes but it's better than being in a car with Conrad.

I felt the small shudder run down my back and as much as I tried to suppress it, I still felt it.

I have to admit though, damn that kiss earlier was hot. Sexy hot. But I'm at fault too on it, I kissed him just as much as Conrad kissed me. That was why I feel even more guilty now.

Sitting at the bus stop, one leg crossed over the other, I pulled out my phone and started to tap away, typing to Amy. I couldn't care less if she is asleep or not. I just needed to text her.

Hey, just me. I've decided to make you my power of attorney in all matters. Including the mental ward.

I need help, seriously. I kissed Mr Hunky again. I couldn't help it. I'm such a hoe.

I went to type in the third message when something told me to look up. Regrettably, I did and groaned loudly, slumping my shoulders and frowning.

Conrad was standing by his parked car, in a bus zone, holding the passenger door open.

"Go away!" I snapped at him, standing upright.

"Look, Maya, you can get in the car and we will go or I'll just wait, get the rental most likely dented from a bus and probably towed away." Conrad shrugged, waiting for me.

"So any damage that happens to this car due to your idiocy and you will blame me for it?" I smirked at him.

"To put it bluntly, yeah."

I pouted at him. There was one thing I hated and that was being an inconvenience to someone. That someone will be not only the bus driver, but any people that will won't off as well.

Growling, I stomped towards Conrad. "Get out of the way." I muttered, sitting in the car and slamming the door shut. I crossed my arms, staring ahead of me.

Conrad got in, looking cocky with himself. I saw his face and rolled my eyes and shook my head.

Pulling out off the bus stop, I cautiously watched where Conrad was driving too.

"This isn't the way to my house." I panicked, looking at him.