20.

It's been a week and a bit since my party and that is still the talk of some people. I didn't realise, however, that me sleeping with Asher was just what I needed as well. Maybe I should go to having just females?

Rushing through the tall skyscraper in my designer jeans, I was nearly late for a meeting. Since I don't have a manager, I have to collect the work myself and this meeting was potential work.

My boots clicked on the tiled floor as I went to the elevator after I was waved through by security and went to the eighteenth floor.

Fixing my hair up in its loose braid, pulling at some strands and tucking others in, I gave myself a quick check over with my compact mirror.

My mascara was bold and lined my eyes, my shirt was modest, nearly. It was a white lacy blouse, only one button done up, half tucked in, the sleeves cuffed tightly just under my elbows and covered the breast region.

My brown boots hugged my legs tightly, stopping at just under my knees. With my Maui Jim sunglasses perched perfectly on top of my head, I stepped out of the elevator, looking around me for the room I was after.

Fixing up my handbag, I saw a recognisable face, Charles, waving me down.

Charles sometimes accompanies me as legal backup since I'm doing the leg work for job searching.

I smiled at him and when I reached Charles, I kissed his cheek.

"Good morning, Maya. Now, I've read the paperwork and everything is in order. It looks to be a great opportunity." He told me, holding the door open for me.

"Really? That's great. As long as I don't have to give up Marco." I instructed again at him. It's basically my mantra. I can't give up Marco.

I sat down at the chair Charles pointed to and we reviewed the contract again. I felt so excited because this means commercials. Television commercials. I'll be promoting a new line of perfume and these guys want the stereotypical underwear model prancing about with a man seduced by her perfume. Cliche, I know, but hey, anything to add to my port folio.

Charles and I were disturbed as three other people entered the room. Two were males and my eyes went as wide as saucers upon seeing the female. My breathing had stopped and I gulped.

Oh crap! I screamed in my head as I tried to smile as sweetly as possible.

Charles went to do the introductions but was cut off.

"Maya? Is that you?" Was the high feminine voice. It sounded so confident unlike when I met her. Brushing the hair off her face, she extended her hand to me for a formal business hand shake. She looked so different in a business three piece suit.

"Uh..." was all that I could mutter. "Hello." I couldn't believe it. I really couldn't. Of all the people in the world, karma really threw me under the bus. This is my comeuppance from the other month.

"Oh, do you know my client?" Charles asked her as I was still frozen.

"Yes. What a small world. Maya is my fiance's sister friend. We met in Australia." Tiffany smiled widely.

If there was a hole right next to me that led me to death, I would gladly jumped in to it.

"Hi, Tiffany. I didn't know I was meeting with you today." I stated, my voice slightly higher than usual. I think I'm sweating, I feel like I'm sweating. Fuck I hate being in these situations, this is why I avoid married men! Even committed men! Fuck!

Tiffany sat down, still smiling widely at me. "Have you read the contract over?"

I nodded meekly at her, trying to form any sort of words but none came to mind.

"Excellent. So everything is in agreement?"

Again, I nodded. I wanted to ask so many questions. Questions like will I be seeing her often, will I be seeing her partner? Will he be there or will she say anything to him. Those kind of questions that I needed answers to but I couldn't without being nosy.

Tiffany rattled on some more about the contract and I agreed to everything, not really listening. I knew exactly what I did to put myself in this situation and I'm mentally kicking myself. Later, I will be physically kicking my own ass.

I need to talk to Amy, as soon as possible.

This Tiffany was a completely different Tiffany to the one I met at dinner in Australia. She was shy and quiet, feeling left out and alone. This one was radiating confidence and proud, comfortable in her environment.

All I felt was guilt, eating me raw.

"Great. I'll see you in two days. We'll have a luncheon, cover everything else then."

I nodded my head again, standing up and we shook hands. I took my copy of the contract with me and said goodbye to Charles who stayed with the other two men whom I presume are lawyers.

That's it. I thought to myself. No more men for a while. Stay the fuck away from them.

I resisted the urge to bang my head on the closest hard surface and tried to walk out off the building with some pride in tact. I know I sleep around, a female player if one must label it, a slut, but I still have standards and this is the exact reason why.

I had half a mind to turn around and tell Tiffany the truth. Not because I thought she was nice, but because I need to clear my conscience. But my phone rang, distracting me briefly as I spun on the spot and I pulled it out off my bag, seeing the screen.

I relaxed and sighed, seeing the familiar face appear.

Amy. Thank goodness.

I quickly answered it, turning back to the exit of the building, half way through saying Hey, I need to talk when I stopped again, frozen at the sight before me in the distance, near reception.

Oh for fuck sake! I cried out and tilted my head away from the person that I saw, dropping my sunglasses over my face and with the phone to my ear, I snuck away, exiting the building like a coward, my pace fastening as soon as I was outside.

"Hello? Maya?" Amy screamed out, trying to draw my attention.

"Amy. I really need to talk to you!"