36.

"Uh, sorry." I muttered out, stepping aside.

"What are you doing?" Conrad asked me, slightly amused.

"I was going to the bathroom." I told him, frowning and pointing to the door. "Now I'm going back to Tiffany. Your wife." I hissed the last two words out in low tone.

Conrad grinned, shaking his head. "You won't get it through your head, will you?" Came his muttering.

Conrad was blocking my path and I tried to get past him, squeezing through a gap when Conrad pulled me to the wall. Gasping, I looked up at him, my vision slightly blurry as he kissed me.

As much as I wanted to be disgusted by the behaviour, especially with Tiffany down the hall, I kissed Conrad back with just as much fervour, my hands balling in to fists with his shirt, my mouth open and accepting his tongue, my body pressed hard against him, moulding in to him.

After what felt like minutes, we pulled apart, breathless. "Tiffany doesn't care." He said in a low manner.

"I know. But I do." I replied, stepping away even further. Turning my back to him, I went back to where Tiffany was, by the kitchen counter, holding a wine glass and drinking it.

"Maya." She slurred out. "Sit, darling." She pointed to a seat and warily, I obeyed.

Tiffany opened the fridge and started pulling out some cheese and deli meat and I was highly confused.

Conrad came out then and saw Tiffany emptying the fridge. "Ah." He grinned, going to her. "Excuse Tiffany, she gets into a cleaning mood when highly intoxicated." Conrad said to me as I raised an eyebrow and my glass.

"Oh, I'm not stopping her." I added to his statement, sipping on the drink before picking up some grapes and eating them.

"Tiff, come on. Let's get you to bed."

Tiffany raised her head and frowned before nodding. "Oh, no, wait." She suddenly yelled, slapping her hand on the bench. "I have to talk to Maya."

"It can wait."

"No it can't."

My head was going back and forward, watching the pair argue. Conrad frowned and threw his arms up, quitting the small battle and Tiffany beamed and turned to me. There was an island counter between us and she placed her hands down on it for support.

"Now, remember when I said," Tiffany started and frowned, looking down at the bench. "Oh, grapes! I'm starving."

Yeah, me too.

I watched as Tiffany picked the grapes, one at a time, holding them in her other hand but before she even managed to put them in her mouth, she froze, dropped the grapes on the bench as I watched them roll away and she excused herself, running from the room.

"And that's Tiffany for the rest of the night." Conrad grumbled, following her.

I was left alone in the exquisite room, sitting on the stool, the wine glass in my hand frozen in mid air as I watched their backs disappear.

I have to admit, the situation was quite funny in a morbid way. Tiffany has drunken herself to be sick and most likely passed out soon. I however, I was starving. I picked at another grape, slowly chewing it then another and another.

I was lost in my drunken thoughts about right now. That I should go, I shouldn't stay and when I decided that I made my mind up to leave, Conrad returned, breaking me from any thought I had, them vanishing completely and me forgetting what I was thinking about.

"Are you hungry?" He asked me, surprising me.

"Huh, yeah, actually, I am." I said softly, smiling. "I don't think anywhere will be open though to satisfy a drunken hunger."

Conrad shrugged, opening the freezer. "You never know. Its new years eve. But I can cook."

That intrigued me slightly. "You can cook? Such as what?"

"Snags, burgers, BBQ kind of items." Conrad grinned at me from over his shoulder and I couldn't help it. I laughed at him.

"How Australian of you." I teased.

Conrad chuckled to himself as he pulled some items out of the fridge and freezer and then he was getting a fry pan, placing it on the oven.

I watched intensely, my head resting on my hands as Conrad moved around the kitchen, cooking what I believe to be burgers.

With my teeth sinking in to my bottom lip, salivating, my stomach was growling.

"I'm sorry about Tiffany tonight. She doesn't handle much alcohol." Conrad said as he flipped over a burger party.

"Oh, no, she's fine. Understandable. She is a tiny thing."

"Yeah. She has been so stressed lately. Between her work and her aunt, plus trying to date, she is emotionally and mentally ready to blow."

"Really?" I hummed out to him, my eyes wondering all over his body. "What made you agree with getting married to Tiffany?"

Conrad didn't even pause in his actions. "She is a good friend and she needed help."

I slowly nodded. "How long have you known that she is a lesbian?"

Conrad chuckled. "Probably longer than her. Tiff told me a couple years ago."

I stared at Conrad in a dreamy manner. "You're such a good friend." I muttered out. "To do all that you do for her. That's very, sensitive of you. It's amazing, really."

Conrad turned around, looking at me. He never said anything and if he did, I never heard him. My eyes were on the burgers he had cooked and assembled, one each.

In a greedy manner I took my burger and sunk my teeth in to it, groaning. It feels so good to finally eat something.

I had finished before Conrad, not talking, all my concentration on my food until it was all gone and all that I was left was the flavour of it on my fingers as I started sucking on one finger.

Conrad finished his burger, swallowing and grinning at me as I went on to my second finger.

"Was it that good?" Conrad teased at me as I nodded.

"I was starving." I shrugged at Conrad. "Anything tastes good when I'm hungry."

"I'm surprised you would have eaten it. Wouldn't you be on a strict diet?" Was his low tone.

I shook my head. I'm tiny, period. "I usually do have massive workouts through the week." I grinned at him before picking up the wine glass, swallowing the last of the wine.

I noticed that Conrad had moved around the bench, coming to me as I eyed him over the rim of the glass.

"What sort of work outs?"

I smiled shyly, gently placing the wine glass down and seeing my greasy finger marks on the glass.

I was wound up and tantalizingly slow, I bit my bottom lip, scraping my teeth over it, an eyebrow raises then I smiled my trademark cheeky grin at him.

Standing up carefully, I leaned up against Conrad's chest, looking daringly into his eyes.

I was daring him. I wasn't sure what for, but the fogginess in my head, how my heart accelerated, my senses assaulted by his sweet scent, I wanted him and I wanted him to take my dare.

I liked the way I felt beside him, with Conrad on me and against me and for once, I'm so sick of fighting against myself.

I didn't care if he was married. I didn't care if I was allowed to sleep with him or not. I didn't care that he is the brother of my sister in law.

All I cared about was his hands on my lower back, slowly moving upwards. How he dipped his head lower for me and how he treasured me in kisses. Possessive and needy, loving and wanting kisses.