Chapter 5

It was much later the same day.
Maya had waken up from a nap she took on the couch.
Josh wasn't around and Auggie was asleep.
Maya knew that she must've falling asleep while Josh was comforting her.
But she also knew she had to get her act straight.
She can't babysit and be a wreck.
So she decided to pull herself together.
First thing she did was to send Lucas a text saying to come see her.
Maybe it will do her good talking to him.
And maybe he knows why she did it.
Of course Riley wouldn't just admit it to anyone but Lucas wasn't anyone.
Maya was busy with the dishes when she heard a knock.
She sigh as she opened it.

"Lucas, come in," Maya said.
"Welcome back," Lucas said and gave Maya a hug.
"Thanks. Not that I'm back. I wanted to talk to you about a few things. Coffee?"
"No," Lucas said.
"Did she say anything to you?"
"What?" Lucas asked.
"Riley must've been very close to either you or Farkle and I know that Farkle doesn't know anything. She was your girlfriend. I figured you would be the one person who would always be her go to person."

Maya's pov

He looked down at his hands.
He's never looked down at his hands before.
Whenever my father would do that I knew there was bad news.
And in this case it could only be bad news.
There is no doubt about it.

"I tried to stop her," Lucas said and Maya could feel the tears in her back head.
"What do you mean?" Maya asked.
"Maya her best friend left. Her uncle entirely stopped coming over and... She was depressed. With reason. Started to hang out with the wrong people. She wasn't Riley anymore. Like when she went through that yearbook phase," Lucas said and Maya had a flashback.

About two years ago.
They were all in high school as freshmen and both Riley and Farkle went through a identity crisis.
Farkle turned into Donnie Barnes and Riley turned into Morotia M. Black.
It was very funny till everyone saw how it didn't just influenced Riley but everyone else as well.
In the end Maya fixed everything and everyone was back to normal.

"What happened?" Maya asked.
"She got involved with a girl with bad depression. Who had plans to... I saw her a few days later. She was almost back to normal. And then I got a call the next morning from her mother. This is all your fault," Lucas said and Maya looked up.
"Why mine?" Maya asked.
"You had to leave. It's your fault she committed suicide," Lucas said and walked out.

By this time Maya was in tears and just couldn't anymore.
She decided to go on with her day but later on.
She had a few minutes for herself and she didn't want that.
She would do something to herself.
She did decide on getting on with her work.
That was all she could do.