Chapter 9

It was late the afternoon.
Around four or five.
Josh and Auggie had done everything they had to and was heading back to the apartment.
They bumped into Ava and he rmlm then they talked a little.
Josh opened the door and as soon as he did he saw Maya was crying.
And knee why.
Today he sorts this entire thing out.

"Judy could you maybe take Auggie with you guys? I just need to sort something out that has been left too long," Josh said.
"Yeah sure. Come kids."

"Cory! Topanga!"

After Josh had called they came immediately.
They don't know if he had spoke with Maya but he had it.
He couldn't bare to see het like this any longer.

"What's going on?" Topanga said.
"Where is Auggie?" Cory asked.
"With Judy and Ava at the park. I've had it. If not you it is Lucas Friar. She hasn't stopped crying since yesterday. How can you just act like everything is fine?"
"It isn't. Our daughter is gone and nothing or nobody can bring her back. We know that. And we also know that we have to fight for her. Nobody else will. And we'll give everything we have," Cory said.
"Do you think it is fun for Maya? She lost her best friend," Josh said.

Maya's pov

I heard how they were talking about everything that had happened and I was starting to lose it.
I knew I could have stopped her.
I could.

"Do you really think this is fun for anyone?" Josh asked and Maya stood up.

She's had it.
Everyone must think what they want know but she isn't going to sit there and listen any further.
She couldn't.

"Please just stop. She wouldn't want us fighting. Nobody could have stopped her. Not her parents, not her boyfriend and definitely not me," Maya said.
"Get the hell out of my house," Cory said.
"Cory!" Josh said.

Maya took off her ring that Riley gave her a little more than two years ago and put it on the counter.

"Just in case you wondered your brother was the reason I left," Maya said and went to pack.

She didn't just leave the Matthews wondering but Josh feeling extremely guilty.
Not one could understand what that meant but Josh knew what he did.

"What did you do?" Cory asked.
"An astronomic mistake," Josh said.