Chapter 14

It was the next day and Maya wasn't near okay.
She still had a lot to process about the previous day.
She had no idea it would be that bad.
She did actually realize that she has become a lot more quiet with the funeral.
But she didn't know what to do.
Josh stayed at home since it was the day after the funeral.
Which was a good thing after Maya's mind set.
He got up very early and saw that Maya was still fast asleep next to him.
He then went to the kitchen to get some work done.
He had a project due next week and wanted it to be done before Thanksgiving.

Maya's pov

I woke up and got a little of a scare.
I don't know why.
It was reality telling me everything was happening.
I knew it.

Maya got up and headed to the shower.
After she took a quick shower she got dressed and went to the kitchen.

"Morning Sleepyhead," Josh joked with Maya making her smile.
"Morning," Maya said and Josh gave her a kiss on her cheek.
"There is fresh coffee if you want," Josh said.
"Have you heard anything from your brother?" Maya asked.
"Topanga isn't going to work and Auggie is crying his eyes out. Everything we expected. Anyway. How are you feeling today?" Josh asked and shallow tears formed in Maya's eyes which Josh saw.
"Maya," Josh said and hugged Maya.

She immediately felt a bit better but she knew she had a long way to go.

"I wanna head back to Riverdale tomorrow," Maya said.
"Why so soon? Why not stay another week? Maya you are in no condition to drive. Give yourself a little time to process everything," Josh said.
"I want to but then I have to call my mom. She is probably worried by now," Maya said.
"Stay until after Thanksgiving. It will give everyone time to process the funeral," Josh said.