Chapter 13

It was here, Maya thought.
The entire funeral was here and she was lucky that Cory hadn't said she should stay away.
Maya woke up early the day and knew she had to push through the day.
She got dressed in the black dress and shoes she bought since she didn't have funeral stuff.
She put her hair up in a ponytail and immediately she saw that it was raining a bit.
She sigh as she heads to the living room.
She just sat down on the couch trying to get her mind together.
After today she can officially say her best friend is gone.
Then she faced everything.
A few tears escaped then Josh came in.
She wasn't aware of him and he knew it.
He sat down next to her.
He knew she was very upset but she wasn't going to say anything.

Josh's pov

I knew she was beside herself.
I knew she was very upset.
I tried everything these past few days to try keeping her mind of it.
Much help that was.
It wouldn't have helped anyway.

Josh pulled Maya close to him and held her tight.
She wasn't sobbing but tears where streaming down her face.
He didn't know what to do and because he didn't he just pulled her close.
The tighter he held her the safer she felt.
It was kinda his way of saying he is there if she needs anyone.
It has been all these years.
Somthing that never changed.
Josh held Maya tight against him and even if she wasn't totally aware of what was going on she was aware of that.
She knew very well what was going on and she was thankful s he she had someone like Josh.

It was much later the day.
Both Topanga and Auggie had cried their eyes red as well as Maya.
Cory and Josh tried being there for all three while Maya tried being there for Auggie.
Cory was very kind to Maya because of what today is.

"Do one of you want to say something? Anyone. Just to break this whole thing," Cory said.
"I'll say something," Maya said.

Maya went up on the stage and looked at the picture that was standing on the chest.
Tears streamed down her face and she wiped it away.

"Riley Matthews was

"Riley Matthews was... The most kindest person a knew. She would always put her family first. I remember this one day when she was supposed to watch her little brother. She was scared she would mess up. She spended many hours planning. When a boy came in her life she was so nerves. Little did she know it was just how it feels to be in love. She was funny, ridiculous, spontaneous in her own way. But most important she was kind and loving. Riley was the best thing that ever happened to me. I will always remember our friendship with only one word. Extrordinary. And we will always remember her. No matter what."

Maya stepped off the stage and immediately went outside.
Cory nodded to Josh saying he can go after her.
Maya was just outside the church on a bench trying to calm herself down.
She was in a state.
She knew it would be bad but not that bad.
Josh sat down next to Maya and pulled her close to him.
He knew nothing could help.
She just had to cry.
It wasn't like this morning.
She was sobbing, something between a scream and a cry and everything between.