Chapter 8

It was a few hours later heading to noon when Cory and Topanga woke up.
They saw Auggie was gone but found Maya quick enough.

"Where is Auggie?" Topanga asked.
"With Josh. He offered to take him for the day. They will be back at three. I thought we could talk about the funeral. You guys probably want it finished before Thanksgiving," Maya said.
"Not actually. We just want everything to be done," Cory said.
"What were you thinking of leaving when she needed you?"

Maya looked at Topanga and knee this was gonna end like it did with Lucas.
She getting all the blame when she couldn't do anything.
But even if that was true everyone was right.
Her timing to go sucked and even if it wasn't so she should have been honest from the start.
Nobody even knows where they did move.

"Why is it all my fault? I did have contact with her. She didn't say anything and Lucas was her boyfriend. He should have done something. He saw her and yet did nothing," Maya said.
"He did. We all did but she just didn't want to get rid of those girls she was hanging out with. You should have done something. This entire thing is your fault."

Maya didn't know what to say so she just went to her room.
She knew that she had messed up but she didn't think that she was going to get so much guilt.
She went away to get rid of all the pain and in the end she just caused a lot more than she should.