Chapter 12 (A surprise battle)

•Warning! Mentions of Harmful and Dangerous thoughts, ideas, and action•

(Ash's POV)

I was walking back to the auditorium, minding my own business, listening to rock music, and what not, when I felt something shove into me from the side. The thing that shoved me slammed me into the lockers causing me to jolt, and push what ever was pushing me into the lockers. I looked over and saw who it was. Low and behold the twin sons of Satan themselves, Gary and Calem. I quickly reached for my pokeballs, when they charged over to me, and grabbed my hands.

"You're getting no help from your worthless pokemon, you shouldn't even have these you know, because of how pathetic you are." Calem said, trying to pin me to the lockers with one hand. And with the other, ripped off my pokeball and threw them to the ground.

My Pokémon must've heard this, and felt this, as soon as this occurred, they all popped out of their pokeballs. They all stood towering over the two, and again, it seemed as both of them had pissed themselves, again. Gary and Calem has backed away, and started running, and fast. I had returned my Pokémon, and attached their pokeballs, back onto my belt. I went into the stadium, and sat in the back again, not wanting to be bothered by anyone until later. But still, I did watch the freshmen get their first Pokémon.

When Serena went up, her wish was granted. When she was called, Professor Sycamore gave her Fennikin, she looked so happy when Serena got her. 'Good for her' I thought unconsciously. Then more and more names went on, to many to remember though.

It wasn't until about 15 minutes after Serena got her Pokémon, that everyone got their Pokémon. Professor Sycamore then stood right in the middle of the field, and that was my que. I got out of my seat, and walked out the doors, and made my way down the stairs, to doors that enter the side of the stadium, leading directly on the other side.

I heard Sycamore saying stuff like, how an amazing school year it would be, and stuff like that. Then he finally said, "Now, I would like to introduce a guess. The Kalos Champion herself, Diantha!" The whole stadium roared after that, there were people shouting left and right. I saw on the small monitor above me Diantha in her white dress, walking up to the side of the arena. Then, Sycamore handed the mic to her.

"Hello students of Kalos high. As you all may know, I am the Kalos Champion, and I'm here to give all of you a introductory battle, against one of your own!" Diantha had announced to the school. The whole place was filled with students raising their hands, saying pick me to battle. Them all wanting to get a chance to see how they fare against their champion. "Silent down, silent down. The competitor has already been decided by Professor Sycamore, but maybe someone you will be able to challenge me, IF, you win the Kalos league."

"Thank you Diantha, I will now welcome her challenger, Ash Ketchum," said Professor Sycamore. The door in front of me had opened, and I walked out. I looked around, and saw people with frightened faces, as they probably started to remember about what happened yesterday, almost murdering Calem's Lucario. Nobody was cheering, but two people were booing me, Calem and Gary, of course. I glared at them, and they started to stop a bit. I focused my glaze back onto the champion, who is now standing on the other side of the battlefield.

"I've read about you before, you battled for years then you quit, why? You seem strong from what I see from you battles," Diantha started as she took out a pokeball. I narrowed my eyes at her. And from my belt, I took a pokeball.

"Mind your own business, and I'll mind my own," I retorted, not having any of it now. There was gasp amount the audience, probably because of what I had just said. Diantha looked on in shock, too, and sweat dropping a bit.

"Okay," she said back. "What are the rules?"

"1 on 1," I said, cold as ever. She nodded, and then nodde dto Professor Sycamore who was referee.