Ch. 23, Broken Body

(Ash's POV)

I woke up on the bed in the room at the Pokémon Center me and Serena had stayed at the previous night, with a roaring headache. As soon as I tried to sit up, I laid back down, as my headache was too much. I slowly looked over at the clock, and it read 10:42 am. Damn, I must've been knocked out, by... wait.

"CHARIZARD!" I screamed as I sprang up, ignoring the endless pain that was pinning my head. Soon, I heard the door open, and Serena ran in, and jumped on the bed, pulling me into a giant hug. She cried over my shoulder, and I patted her back.

"Ash, thank Arceus you're ok!," Serenad cried as she hugged me tightly. "You've been out for two days I thought you wouldn't wake up!"

"It's okay, I'm here, I'm alive," I said, then the pain of the concussion hit me like a bullet, as I sprang forward in pain. "Ouch!"

"Ash, are you alright?" Serena asked.

"I have a concussion, it hurts like a mother fucker!" I called out in pain. "Wait, what happened!"

"Well, when Charizard swing at you with it's tail, you hit the tree and immidietly fell unconscious. I ran to you, and with the help of your Pigeot, we got you inside, while your other Pokémon, along with Professor Sycamore tried to sedate Charizard, but almost every attack were very innefective. Both your and the Professor's Garchomp, along with Blastoise and Venusaur has to pin him down, while Sycamore gave Charizard the sedative, which knocked him out, and caused him to revert back to normal, he took Charizard's Pokeball, and returned him quick," Serena told the story of what happened. "Even still, Charizard was able to thrash around while being held down, he almost burnt your other Pokémon."

"Where is he, the Professor?" I asked.

"He left for business yesterday, the past two days, I've been caring for you here, and you still have your Pokémon here, Venusaur, Blastoise, Pigeot, and even Garchomp," they all have been here caring for you as well, and Charizard has not come out of his Pokeball," Serena answered. We remained hugging, and we started to lay down and cuddle together, with my headache skyrocketing, but I tried my best not to show it. It hurt too much though, and I wanted to stop.

"Do you have any pain killers, my head fella like it's been shot by a gun point blank," I asked. Serena got up, and went through her bag, and found a first aid kit, and rummaged through it. She did find the pain killers, and I took them. I layed my head down flat on the bed, waiting for the pain killers to kick in, while my head felt like it was being drilled by a laser. "What's the next town we need to go to?"

"For your Gym badge, is Shalour City, before that, we pass through a town named Geosenge Town," Serena responded. For some reason, that town name clicked in my head, I heard it some where, not from people talking about it, but read it in a Kalos history book. I sat up, as the pain killers did their job.

"Do you mind if I use your tablet for a second?" I asked Serena, and she handed it over to me, with a puzzled look on her face. I quickly looked up 'Geosenge Town History,' and searched through various tabs, while Serena took out an empty pokeball, and started to fiddle with it. I opened a tab that seemed promising, and scrolled down to early known history, and I found what I was looking for. I closed out of the tab, and handed it back to Serena. "I think we should leave later today, At least my headache won't be as bad, and well at least we'll get to our next location sooner."

She nodded, and helped me sit up, and it was now that I realized, I was covered head to toe in bandages. I started to take them off, but when I reached for a bandage to tear off, Serena stopped me.

"What now?" I asked.

"You might not want to take those off just yet," She nervously replied.

"Why?"

"Well... because there's..." I didn't wait for her reply, instead I tore the bandages they wrapped around my torso, and I saw that I was heavily scarred and burnt from when Charizard smacked me with his tail, and I then thought about two abilities, Flame Body, and Rough Skin, made it where I had large scratch marks with dried blood running across my body and large burn marks. I looked up to Serena with wide eyes, and when I met her's they were filled with tears. "When I laid you down on the bed, your shirt was stained with blood, it wasn't much, but when I took it off to see what was bleeding, your whole entire chest was covered in the several scratch marks and blood oozing out of you! Your chest was also severly burnt. When going through the data he gathered, Professor Sycamore found that it had multiple abilities. Two of them, Rough Skin, and Flame Body. You had also cracked your skull open in the back when you hit your head, not to mention your legs as well that were fractured. Nurse Joy had put you through an X-day, and found you broke 5 ribs, and your right femur was also severly fractured."

"Wait... what? All that from one swing of his tail?" Serena nodded, as she began to cry, I tried to stand up, but I couldn't, and immediately fell back down, she ran over to me, and just hugged me and, and I layed in her arms. I returned the hug, and we both were laying on the bed, with me comforting her. "Listen Sere, just because I'm hurt, doesn't mean you have to be hurt, okay?" I said, and she looked up at me like a little 9 year old, and burried her face into my chest again, which still hurt, but I welcomed it.

We soon left after an hour, transferring Venusaur, Blastoise, Garchomp and Pigeot all back to the lab, along with Kabuto, Cranidos, and Tirtouga. I kept Aerodactyl and Tyrunt with me, because as one is new to me, and the other is one that I wanted before. I still had a struggle walking, especially my right leg, so I leaned on Serena while we walked to the next town on route. It did however turn night, so we had to sep up camp. Even with a fractured femur, and Brocken ribs, I was still able to put up the tent. Serena did everything else though, cook, clean up, and even fed the Pokémon. When I had let Charizard out, he looked away, not wanting to face me. Every time I tried to approach him, he would walk away. Refusing to even eat his food.

"Don't worry, it'll be fine, you two just need to talk," Serena said, walking over to me, and putting a hand over my shoulder. I returned Charizard to his pokeball, and placed it in my bag, then turned back to the tent, and going inside, immediately falling asleep.

(The next morning)
(3rd Person POV)

The next morning was the worse wake up Ash ever had, aside from yesterday. As Serena was wrapped around him, he was hunched over, and in constant pain, with her body pressing every point that had hurt. As Ash stirred, the pain that he got, was immense, that he shot up, clenching his torso, hunched over. This has also caused Serena to wake up as well.

"Ow, FUCK!" Ash screamed, and he jumped up, his body swelling in pain. The bandages that were still on him were coming loose, as some fell to the floor of the tent.

"Ash, what's wrong?" Serena said, as she stirred. She looked at Ash, who was still grabbing his stomach in pain.

"I feel like I'm in the deepest layer of hell right now, my whole body hurts, FUCK!" Ash yelled. The painkillers had wore off now, and Serena didn't have any, so for Ash, he was in serious pain. "Please tell me you have anything at all!"

"Ash, I'm sorry to tell you this, but I think you're going to have to deal with the pain for now, I have nothing to soften the pain with right now," Serena replies. "Your bandages, they're falling off, let me put new ones on." Serena then hesitantly wrapped Ash's upper body up again in bandages she had. "At least if you were to continue bleeding, it won't stain your clothes."

"Ok fine, let's just clear up camp, and continue on to Coumarine City, it's where I will get the 3rd Gym badge, after that, we can go to the Pokémon Performance, and watch it," Ash said hastily. Ash then slowly started to get up, and out of the tent, and held onto Serena for support. He then gathered his bag, and Serena's as well, as Serena took down the tent, and packed it into Ash's bag. Serena our Ash's arm on her shoulder to support him, as to much out pressure on his insured leg, and the two started to head to Geosenge Town.

Okay, done.

Summer break is finally here, and I'm not done working. I'm getting a job at my local lake and pool, at the concession stand. But it all depends. Then I have band in August, so this will be my first summer, where I can't go a full week without doing any work, great. I'm writing this before the previous 3 chapters so yeah 😅, as I was too lazy to actually watch the episodes involving them. Well, anyway, till next time

(Going back to youtube routes) also, please follow me on my page, and share this with your friends, as to boost this story, and check out my other stories as well