Ch. 22, Déjà vu

(Hey that's catchy)

(Ash's POV)

We had just exited the connecting cave to Cyllage City,  cave, and we saw that the gym was currently closed, as the gym leader was out, fantastic. So we did what anyone would do in this situation, and explored the town, and at the Pokémon Center, we heard about there being a place where people had a resurrection machine, and they would allow people to search and find fossils, and Serena decided to do that.

"So there is a place in Abrette Town, which is not far at all, and it says it has a live museum, with resurrected Pokémon," Serena exclaimed "I can't believe I will see a live prehistoric Pokémon!"

"I been around prehistoric Pokémon before, plenty of times in each region I've been, but never caught one," I said, not impressed. "But not al memories are good though."

"So, have you ever been mining for fossils?" Serena asked, then a sudden burst of Déjà vu kicked in, and I had a flashback of all my encounters with prehistoric Pokémon. Especially the first time, and was carried away by Aerodactyl.

"Yeah, plenty of times, so much so I know you will get a lot of dirt all over your pink clothing," I replied. We walked over to the town, and found the museum, and where the resurrection machine is. We ventured around the facility, and seeing all the different prehistoric Pokémon that were here. Some were recognizable for me, some I never have seen, and some that look like they were hatched from a mutated egg. Serena was fascinated, while I remained unimpressed. The scientists working there offered us to go and mine our own fossils in a nearby cave, exciting Serena, and her immediately signing us up. Although I paid the fee, as I might actually get a prehistoric Pokémon for the first time. We were given mining supplies, a bag for the fossils, and some food and water, then led to outside, where we had to ride on a Rhyhorn to get to the mine.

"I can steer!" Serena said excitingly, and I gave her an 'excuse me, what the fuck?' kind of expression. I then interjected.

"Serena, I've ridden many Pokémon, hell, I've ridden Touros, which are significantly harder to ride than a Rhyhorn, so I'll direct it," I said she looked at me with a 'please?' look.

"C'mon, I've been training to ride Rhyhorns ever since I've arrived in Kalos!" Serena begged, and I gave in.

"Fine, but if I'm thrown off, I'm steering us back," I said, as I got on behind Serena, as she grabbed the rope. As the Rhyhorn was marching to the mine, I saw why they needed Rhyhorn, as there were a punch of holes that Digletts would pop their head out of. We made it across the diflett infested grounds, and hopped off at the entrance of the mine. We searched for a while in the mines, and had actually found a few fossils, I put my fossils in my bag, and Serena put the one that she found in her bag, we also decided to venture further into the mines, past where the recommended parts of the mine were.

Soon, we came across a large opening, full of crystals, of all different colors. Charizard's pokeball, and Gible's were starting to violently shake, so I had let them out. They charged at the crystals, and started sniffing them, and I immediately knew what they were trying to say.

"Sere, we just discovered a cave full of Mega Stones!" I exclaimed, as we stared in awe. Before, during the mining, I was unimpressed, but this, this was extraordinary. I then went over to them.

"Ash, what are you doing?" Serena asked.

"I'm gathering them, for Professor Sycamore, and myself, you can mine some yourself if you want. We have a machine back at the lab that scans them, and tells what Pokémon they're for!" I excitingly said, like a was a smal 3 year old toddler. "I actually have. Small mini portable one, in cases such as these!"