Ch. 18, Battle attempt: 1st and only

Guys, stay safe, stay at home, and read stories on here, on Wattpad, doesn't matter what story, just as long as it's amourshipping. Or even just read a book for that matter. And if reading isn't your thing, Minecraft is your best option for online play.
And if you do go outside, make sure it's important, like going to buy groceries, and don't hoard, leave stuff for people who desperately need it, such as the poor, and elderly.

With that, let's begin this chapter of this AU.

(Ash's POV)

We just entered Santalune City, right after capturing Fletchling, and as of now, we didn't go straight for the Gym. We first went to the Pokémon Center, and rested up our Pokémon there. We had left them there as we went to search for the Gym. We spent a solid 3 minutes before we found it near the for back corner of the entrance of town. Now that I knew that I decided to train with Fletchling instead of going straight into battle, it was around noon already, and there was a long wait at the Pokémon center, so we decided to wait. Although while at the center, I transferred two of my Pokemon at Sycamore's lab to me. When I released the Pokémon, it was my Gengar, and Pigeot.

"Serena, this is Gengar, one of my earliest Pokémon I've ever caught, or befriended," I introduced. I Genga disappeared int the floor, and appeared behind where Serena was standing. He tapped her on the shoulder, and Serena gave a loud scream, grabbing the whole center's attention. Once they saw a Gengar laughing, they realized what had happened, and they went back to their business. "Sorry that's Gengar's way of introducing himself."

"It's okay, as long as you don't kill me!" Serena ranted.

"Don't worry, he will only kill me," I joked, and then Serena turned as white as a Ghost. "Back when I met him as a Haunter, him and his friends, brought me into a supernatural state, where I was practically dead, but I was a ghost."

Serena had a face of terror, and fear, mixed together, plastered in her face. I shook her body a bit, and she snapped out. I then returned Gengar, got me and Serena a room at the Pokémon Center, and place down our bags. We then went for a walk around the town again.

(3rd Person POV)

A drone is watching the couple from a high altitude. The man who is watching the live video feed was Lysander, sitting in his office, while sipping a cup of green tea. He rolls his chair over to a different moniter, showing his battles agaismnst Drake, Gary, Brenden, Tobias, and Diantha, the times he was most under pressure in battle. All his major battles in his life, leading to a life changing experience, except for one.

"Interesting, very interesting, someone only on par with a champion could defeat him," he commented. "Luckily, we have exactly that.

Then a tall late teen, dressed in dark blue and grey, with a scarf, walked into the room while knocking on the door. "Hello, boss, you called me here, what for?"

"Yes, yes, Alain, my boy, come in," Lysander said, welcoming his henchman. As you know, we have recently allied ourselves with Team Rocket, one of the most powerful and influential mafia gangs in the world, yes?"

"Of course sir, I was aware yesterday. Xerosic told everything," Alain told his boss. "What does that have to do with me at the current moment?"

Lysander then rolled his chair back over to the drone moniter. "This," Lysander then pointed to Ash Ketchum. "He is the son of our ally's leader, Giovanni, and the largest threat to our project for world domination." Lysander than reared his hands on his desk. "Now here is you assignment."

"Yes sir?"

"This boy can be only battled by one who is on par with a champion, he is most notable for being the youngest one to defeat the Battle Frontier." Lysander said. "So what I want you to do, is to make contact, and ally with him, temporarily, to gather info on him, what he is truely like in the terms of power. You understand?"