S01E09 - Monsters

“Is she your daughter?” I asked, keeping my empty weapon pointed to Christine's head.

 “Yes!” The woman yelled, keeping hers aimed to Beth.

“If you touch her buddy!” The man whom I figured was her father, threatened.

“Yeah? I can say the same about her.” Said I. “Look man—I know you’re scared, but I just saved Christine from a horde of walkers. I’m not gonna hurt her.”

“Christine! Are you OK baby!?” Asked her mother.

“He’s a good guy!” Said Christine. “He saved me.”

“Thanks for the credits by the way.” Murmured Ryan.

“Why don’t we put down our guns?” I asked.

“No funny business buddy!” Her father continued to threaten.

“No one likes funny business man.” Said I.

Her mother slowly lowered the gun from Beth as Ryan and I did the same. Watching her with eagle eyes, we slowly kicked the guns on the streets away from us, empty as were. After she did the same, I walked Christine over to her family holding her hand, as they brought Beth to me. After the period of tension, everyone was returned to their loved ones safely. I walked over to meet Christine’s family after I kissed Beth's lips gently.

“She said you saved her.” Her mother said in a grateful tone.

“Thanks bud.” Her father said.

“Sure thing man.” Said I. “So is it just you or you have other people?”

As I asked the question their mood changed dramatically. I remembered how Ryan and I felt when Beth was in my position. Unlike us, they had a little girl to protect.

“Why do you ask?” Asked her father.

“I know we are the outsiders in this situation, trust me—we had some experience with outsiders too. We were passing through here and our truck ran out of gas. That’s when we saw Christine.”

“Thank god!” Said her mother.

“See that’s the thing" Said Ryan as he walked over with his shotgun. “It sucks for us. You could take us to whatever the base you got—if you got any.”

“After all you owe us.” I said trying to grab the upper hand.

I noticed them thinking hard as they stood there cuddling with their daughter.

“Yes—of cause.” Said her father. “But I can’t promise anything. Chance could kick you guys out.”

“He’s mean.” Said Christine holding my hand.

“Chance huh?—is he a bad-ass?” Asked Ryan.

“He is. He found the place and started the camp. Then all of us joined. It’s his world over there.” Said her mother.

“Just another Millar.” Said Beth.

“Is it far?” I asked.

“You guys look like you’re gonna start something.” Said her father, concerned.

“Oh no man we are totally cool.” Said Ryan resting the shotgun over his shoulder. “Not trouble at all.” He said smiling.

Walking through the barriers filled forest really got me tired. Not having a steady foot and branches coming at my face, it was a challenge. But for the Handers family it was an easy task, probably because they had experience. I learned that her father was Enrick and her mother was Jane. My crew and the Handers got along way too quickly than I hoped, thanks Christine's link.