Season 01 Finale 1/2

“We need a plan if we are doing it.” Said Derek.

“We blow his brains out how, about that?” Asked Ryan.

“How many people are in here?” I asked.

“We got these three…” Derek said pointing the Handers. “Emily and her daughter, Mike and Natasha…”

“Mike and Natasha?!” Asked Beth surprised.

“You know them?” Derek asked.

“They were my neighbors. Oh my god their kid is dead.”

“Windy’s dead?!” Asked Patricia.

“She was in my home when it happened. She bit my mum and dad.” Said Beth.

I placed my hand on her shoulder to show my support.

“Wait—how did she turn?” Asked Jane.

“I don’t know, she just did.” Said Beth.

"How's that possible?" Asked Emily.

“Some people turn automatically. Some people turn when they were bitten. Some people don’t turn at all.” Said Derek making us surprised.

“Are there people immune to this?” I asked.

“I thought everyone turns whey they were bitten.” Said Jane.

“My wife was immune.” Said Derek.

“How do you know?” I asked.

“I had three kids. They all turned. Little one, Susie, she bit her mum. I grabbed her and made a run for our car. We left the kids home and drove like crazy. I was waiting for it, because it was all over the news. But my wife didn’t turn.”

“She um…” I murmured. “Here?”

Derek smiled, but I saw the pain in his eyes.

“Another car slammed into ours on the way. She got thrown out of the windshield.” He said.

With all the terror going on, no one had imagined to die from such an 'ordinary' cause.

“I’m so sorry man.” Said I.

“Never mind me.” He putting on a tough face. “Wait so, how many people we got?”

“Thirteen.” Said Jane.

“Thirteen...” I murmured back. "Any people on Chance's side?"

“What about Victor?” Asked Emily. “They’re like best buddies.”

“Is he gonna be a problem?” I asked.

“Let’s take him down too.” Said Ryan.

“No! He has a little boy! If we kill him we’re no better than Chance himself!” Said Emily.

“I’m not hesitating.” Said I. “If he tries something…”

“I’ll talk to him.” Said Derek. “He’s cool with me.”

“Alright—are the other people inside the house?” I asked.

“Yep.”

“Enrick, Jane and Emily—you guys gotta…”

“Hey!” A loud male voice came from far away and interrupted me. “What’s going on out there?”

As we all threw our sight at it, we saw a man with grey facial hair and a baseball cap walking towards us in a hurry.

“Shit that’s him” Derek murmured in panic. “What do we do?!”

His aged despicable face got my anger aroused. What he did to Christine's brother flashed all over my mind as I witnessed it myself. He had a bounty on his head, a price which I was about to claim, my satisfaction by murder.