S02E04 - Go to Hell

“We can’t leave!” Yelled Natasha. “This is our home!”

“Plus we have three people who can’t move!” Said the woman I met in the kitchen.

“You stay then.” I said insanely going for Beth and Ryan. People gave me their hatred sight as I made my way through them.

“We can’t stay here. ” Said Derek. “We can’t fight either. ”

“We don’t have time to leave now!” Yelled Mike. “They are coming!”

I turned around suddenly, as I remembered the girl who witnessed her mother's brutal death. I searched for her in the crowd. She was standing still, keeping her posture as if she were in a deep shock. I didn't have time for her. I had to look after my friends more than the traumatized girl.

“Derek—” I called taking the whole crowd’s attention. “Keep an eye on Patricia.”

As they searched for her, I ran to the room where Ryan was recovering. I pushed myself into the room and saw Beth staring at me with her frightened eyes.

“What the hell’s going on out there!?” She asked.

“They are coming—at least fifty.” I replied moving closer to Ryan. “How is he?”

“He can’t move—” Said Beth in panic. “What’re we gonna do?”

“He gotta move.” I said snorting with laughter.

“He’ll die don’t you get it!?”

“It’s just his shoulder damn it!” I yelled. “We’re gonna die if we stay here anyways!”

“Trevor!” Derek appeared. “There’s no time—we’re sealing the doors!”

“Sealing the doors!?” I yelled back. “You think it’s gonna work on that many assholes!”

“We don’t have a choice here!” He yelled. “If you’re leaving—leave now!”

I looked at Beth.

“We are not leaving.” She said to me.

“Goddamn it!” I yelled with uncontrollable anger. “I didn’t come this far—to die with a bunch of…”

“Help!” We heard the commotion in the front of the house. “We can’t hold it!”

“Come on!” Yelled Derek as he disappeared.

I stood there with an empty mind, unable to decide my next move.

“You did this all for yourself didn’t you?” Beth murmured.

“What?” I asked back.

“Why did you kill Millar?” She asked.

I kept my sight fixed on hers as my heart pounded.

“Because I liked it.”

We heard the growls of the walkers surrounding the house. The people who held the front door blocking their way cried for help while Derek’s loud voice commanded them. I heard him calling out my name. Taking a quick look at Beth, seeing her looking at me with hatred, seeing my friend lying unconscious, I left the room. As I walked over to the front, the half opened door with walkers’ hands reaching in snapped me back to reality. Derek, Mike, Natasha and the woman I met in the kitchen were pressing it back putting their whole force in. Christine and Victor’s boy were halfway on the staircase, not willing to sacrifice the sight of action to run up to safety. I closed my eyes, and opened them again breathing well, calming myself. I looked around and saw Ryan’s shotgun laying on the kitchen table few meters away. Then again, how am I supposed to stop the dozens of walkers with it being empty?

“Derek.” I called the busy man. “The ammo—they are in Millar’s room yeah?”

“Yes!” He yelled pushing the door back. “Do you think you can shoot this many!?”

“I’ll shoot the ones in front, then we can close the door at least.”

“Good idea buddy!” I turned around to the familiar voice and saw Enrick Handers peeking off from a room far away.

“Where’s Christine!? Is she with you!?” Behind him I saw his worried wife.

“Yes, I got her.” I said running up the stairs and closing in to the kids.

 “Christine, get me to the Millar’s room—now.”

“Come!” Christine said making her way up quickly. I followed her leaving Victor’s boy behind. She stopped and looked back at him. “Come on Junior!” She insisted.

I reached the top floor of the three story house for the first time. Presenting the unexpected as always, it was almost a huge empty hall. Next to it, there was the Millar’s personal cabin with a locked door, which didn’t hold for three kicks. We made our way into the dark room running our eyes allover trying to grab the whole surrounding at once.

“That’s the radio!” Yelled Christine pointing somewhere, but my sight was fixed on the black zipped bags with the word “POLICE” printed in white. I knelt before one of them and opened the zipper, then spread the opening apart. It was stuffed with two shotguns along with enough ammunition. I pulled the next one closer to me and opened it too. It was filled with dozens of handguns and ammo packs as well. Zipping and closing them both back, I picked them up with much effort. When I raised my head back up, I saw the long white blade, Millar’s Katana, placed on two hooks fixed to the middle of the wall. A thought of how ‘fun’ it could be to slay walkers with its deadly sharp blade crossed my mind.

“Junior—what are you doing!?” I snapped and turned back to Christine’s frightened voice.

Victor’s boy was holding a good-sized golden revolver at me.

“Whoa—” I said as I backed up. I observed his shivering hands, his hatred filled eyes. He was either stupid, or was very smart. Either way, I knew he had it in him to blow my brains all over the room. “Kid—think what you’re doing.” I warned.

“You shot my dad.” He said biting his teeth hard.

“Junior—don’t!” Begged Christine.

“Don’t call me Junior you little whore!” The boy yelled.

“I get it—I’d wanna do the same if I were you.” I said.

“Good.” He said back, nodding. “Then you won’t have a problem with forgiving me for what I’m going to do to you.”

Surprised by his reply and actions, I failed to choose a method of negotiating. I realized one thing while he held the weapon made of gold at me. Even though he was younger than Christine, he was matured.

“If you kill me here, I’ll turn into a walker.” I said. “Are you ready to take that too?”

“I won’t have a problem with shooting you twice.”

Suddenly a noise came from downstairs with people screaming for help. “Hold it—don’t let go! Trevor!” We heard Derek’s panicked voice.

“If you kill me, you are killing everyone in this house.” I said, feeling content of my solid argument.

He stood there as he was figuring out his next move. Watching his gun being lowered gave me a slight relief.

“Let’s get these to people downstairs.” I said making an excuse for moving, holding up the heavy bags of weapons.

“You know what?” He murmured as he quickly aimed the gun at my leg and squeezed the trigger with a monstrous wish. “Go to hell.”