Season 01 Finale 2/2

I stood up, watching the bunch of people looking at me with their frightened eyes, standing in front of the house. A man in his forties had a rifle pointed at me, with hate overflowing on his face. A little boy in Christine’s age stood by his side, looking at me like the rest of them, with a gun in his hand. I turned around. Beth, Ryan and others kept their eyes on my as well. I looked at the body near my feet. Millar laid there with a lot of damage, soaking the ground with his endless blood. He kept looking at me with an eye, as the other had my knife through it. I saw the hatred in it. I suddenly raised my handgun and aimed it to the man, whom I figured would be Victor.

“Drop the gun.” I said calmly.

“Who are you!? Why did you kill him!?” He asked.

“Drop the gun Victor.” I said again.

“Who are you?” A woman asked.

“I’m the freaking Santa Claus.” I said aiming the gun to the boy. “Vitctor don't test me.”

He looked at his son.

“Yo Victor!” I heard Derek’s deep voice from behind. “Victor take it easy man!”

“Derek.” He blabbered. “The bastard killed Chance!”

“Chance had it coming man! It’s over—drop the gun!” Derek yelled.

“Listen to the man Victor.” Said I. “You can still kiss Millar’s ass if you wanted to—but drop the gun first Victor.”

He lowered his gun but I kept mine aimed.

“Get that thing away from my son!” He said putting his hand across the boy.

Ryan had walked over to me while I was zoned. That was when I realized he had my gun, which I gave to Beth, pointed at Victor as well.

“Trevor—bro, you gotta chill out man.” He whispered. “Don’t try to bust everyone’s asses, and put that gun down.”

I took a heavy breath closing my eyes, then I lowered the gun.

“People are scared of you man—for real. Even Beth.” He whispered.

Hearing Beth’s name my face turned to Ryan. But in the corner of my eyes I saw Victor raising his weapon, and my instincts worked by themselves. I was faster with my handgun than him with his rifle. As he was preparing to shoot me, I aimed the gun to leg and squeezed the trigger. As everyone got shocked he dropped onto the ground before his son, screaming, holding his leg. I saw his son tightening the grip on his arm, taking over his father’s place.

“Someone take the gun away from the boy.” I said.

Everybody stood there as a set of statues.

“Someone—just get the gun away from the boy.”

A man stepped forward and gently made him handover the weapon.

“What’s your name?” I asked from the man.

“Mike.” He replied holding the gun pointed down.

“Mike? You know Natasha?" I asked.

"What! How do you know my wife!?"

"Beth told me, she's with us."

“Beth! Oh my god Mike! That’s Beth!” The woman next him yelled.

"Windy..." Mike Whispered as he focused on group of people far away.

“Windy must be with her!” Natasha said covering her mouth with her hand.

“Do you know a little girl? Red hair and freckles?”

Ryan looked at me not knowing what to say.

“I’m so sorry.” He said.

The silence took over the place. At once Mike aimed the weapon to us shivering with anger.

“Hey!” Ryan warned aiming his weapon back. “We didn’t even meet her. She got turned while Beth was babysitting—at their place!”

News about the dead child struck the parents. A river of tears rushed through Natasha’s eyes as she moaned. The group of people surrounded them putting on sad faces. The gun fell down from Mike’s hand as he fell on his knees.

“Not Windy...” He murmured.

“My god!” Natasha moaned leaning on to another woman as she hugged her tight.

I heard someone running towards us from behind. Derek went pass us quickly to Victor who lied on the ground unconcious with the wounded leg. He got on his knees near him and examined the wound.

Patricia came closer to me.

“Thanks.” She said.

“For what?” I asked.

“For everything.” She said.

“The dictatorship is over.” I said. “You are free.”