Chapter 6: "And the Winner is..."

'Earth.' Avatar Kyoshi is shown before she earthbends a rock. 'Fire.' Avatar Roku is shown firebending. 'Air.' Adult Aang is shown bending air. 'Water.' Korra is shown waterbending. Light flashes and airbender island is shown as the statue of Aang holding a staff is shown. "Only the Avatar, can master all four elements while the Savior can master three elements and bring balance to the world." Korra and Ren are shown standing beside one another and Ren stood with her arms crossed while Korra stood like Aang's statue.

[Ren's POV]

I giggle as I make the Fire Ferrets train as hard as they can. The finals were coming up soon and they needed to be ready. They managed to fight through the first rounds with ease, but they were almost out of sync. It was up to me to get them back into sync. Bolin and I finally went on our date, but I really didn't see it going anywhere.

[Normal POV]

"Keep it up!" Ren says and blows her whistle, "You all can do better than that!" Mako looks over at her.

"Ren, relax, we might be the underdogs, but we can definitely win tonight. I'm sure of it." Mako says.

"Yeah, sure, I just have a feeling those Wolfbats are going to cheat or something. Need me to throw some wind in just in case?" Ren asks.

"Nah, I think we'll be fine." Korra says and the radio crackles and Ren's eyes widen. Amon begins speaking over the radio.

"Good morning fellow equalists and benders of all nations. I hope you all enjoyed last night's probending match because it will be the last. It is time for this city to stop worshipping bending athletes as if they were heroes. I am calling upon the council to shut down the bending arena and cancelt the finals or else there will be severe consequences." Amon says.

"You think the council will give in?" Mako asks.

"I'm not waiting to find out. We have to get to city hall." Korra says.

[Later - City Hall]

As they enter city hall, Tenzin looks over at them and tries to usher them out of the room.

"Korra, Ren, you can't be here, this is a closed meeting." Tenzin says.

"As the Avatar and a probending player, I have the right to be heard. You can't cancel the finals." Korra says.

"As far as I am concerned, shutting down the arena is the best idea." Tenzin says.

"I can't believe you are backing down so easily. Avatar Aang wouldn't do that." Ren says.

"Stop bringing my father into this." Tenzin says.

"Tarrlok, I'm surprised. I thought you'd want to use this opportunity to find Amon." Korra says.

"Sadly, I have to agree with Tenzin. We can't risk you or Ren being captured." Tarrlok says.

"I can't believe this. You don't see what you are doing by closing down the arena." Ren says.

"Ren's right. Right now the arena is the only place Benders and Non-Benders can meet and watch something in peace." Mako says.

"It's an inspiration to us all!" Bolin says.

"Closing down the arena means you are letting Amon win." Ren says.

"I'm sorry, this meeting is--" Tarrlok says and his hammer is broke and everyone looks over at Lin Beifong shocked.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with the Avatar and Savior. It's time for the benders to fight back against the equalists. I have thought of a good plan." Beifong says.