Chapter 9: "Out of the Past!"

'Earth.' Avatar Kyoshi is shown before she earthbends a rock. 'Fire.' Avatar Roku is shown firebending. 'Air.' Adult Aang is shown bending air. 'Water.' Korra is shown waterbending. Light flashes and airbender island is shown as the statue of Aang holding a staff is shown. "Only the Avatar, can master all four elements while the Savior can master three elements and bring balance to the world." Korra and Ren are shown standing beside one another and Ren stood with her arms crossed while Korra stood like Aang's statue.

[Normal POV]

Ren knocks on the door wildly while the phone rings in Tenzin and Pema's room. Tenzin and Pema are both drawn out of their sleep.

"Tenzin! Wake up!" Ren yells. Tenzin answers the phone and he learns that Korra was missing and he opens the door for Ren.

"Korra is gone! I can't sense her!" Ren says.

[Later]

"It's like either her bending has been taken or she's locked herself from me." Ren says as she sits in a ball on the floor.

"This isn't good. Keep trying." Tenzin says and he starts calling people. Lin and the gang walks in and Tenzin gasps.

"I'm going to have to call you back." Tenzin says and he hangs up the phone.

"Ren!" Bolin says and Ren hits him with an air blast to keep him away from her.

"What are you doing here? Lin! You are supposed to be in the hospital and you three are supposed to be in prison." Tenzin says.

"I thought you could use some help locating her." Beifong says.

"Where's Naga? She can locate her." Bolin says.

"The polar bear dog is missing too. Ren can't even sense Korra." Tenzin says.

"What does that mean?" Mako asks and they all look over when Ren stands up.

"It means she's either no longer the Avatar or she's on the spiritual journey." Ren says.

"What's that mean?" Asami asks.

"It means she's made contact with Aang." Ren says, "And I'm not very good at connecting to her avatar spirit."

[Later]

Mako comes up with an idea of where to go and the group takes Oogi and they fly to the location. Lin looks at Ren.

"Ren, why don't you have a look around?" Lin asks.

"You mean you actually want me to?" Ren asks and Lin nods, "Yes! I've been waiting to do this since I trained with Toph! Okay okay..." She takes a deep breath, closes her eyes and then slams her foot against the ground. Unlike everyone else, she wore thin shoes that she could easily see into the ground with. The vibrations from her earthbending reveals a tunnel to her.

"This way!" Ren says and leads the group away. They find a grated sewer tunnel.

"That's it!" Mako says.

"Motorcycle tracks." Lin says.

"Korra has to be in there." Mako says and Ren closes her eyes.

"I'm not getting a read." Ren says as she opens her eyes.

"Don't worry. We'll find her." Mako says as he places his hand on her shoulder. Ren nods and she looks at Lin.

"I'm... not a metalbender so you can do this." Ren says. Lin opens the grate and Mako and Ren use flames to light their way.

"Let's go this way." Mako says.

"And what if she's not down there?" Asami asks.

"Then we pick another tunnel until we find her. The world needs Ren and Korra." Mako says. Asami looks at Mako before she gets a curious look in her eyes. She follows after them. Ren and Mako lead the group with Tenzin and Lin walking beside one another. Bolin and Asami walked beside each other.