Chapter 10: "Turning the tides!"

'Earth.' Avatar Kyoshi is shown before she earthbends a rock. 'Fire.' Avatar Roku is shown firebending. 'Air.' Adult Aang is shown bending air. 'Water.' Korra is shown waterbending. Light flashes and airbender island is shown as the statue of Aang holding a staff is shown. "Only the Avatar, can master all four elements while the Savior can master three elements and bring balance to the world." Korra and Ren are shown standing beside one another and Ren stood with her arms crossed while Korra stood like Aang's statue.

[Normal POV - Air Temple Island]

"I was worried sick. Don't ever turn off the locator again!" Ren scolds Korra.

"Sorry, Ren, I didn't mean to. I guess Aang wanted to have a private conversation." Korra says.

"I know you are still recovering but we need to know..." Tenzin says.

"Well, first... Tarrlok isn't who he says he is. He's Yukone's son." Korra explains.

"That explains how he is able to bloodbend without a full moon." Lin says.

"Yeah." Korra replies.

"So, how did you escape?" Tenzin asks.

"I almost didn't. Amon and equalists shown up out of nowhere and took Tarrlok's bending away. He even almost captured me." Korra says.

"Really? By the sounds of it, Amon has reached his end game." Tenzin says.

"But what could it be?" Lin asks.

"He removed the bending from a councilman and almost kidnapped the Avatar. What is his plan?" Tenzin says. Ren sits quietly beside the others. Korra and Tenzin speak and Korra looks at Ren for answers.

"I think I want to go home... My mom's right. I shouldn't be part of all this trouble." Ren says and everyone looks at her shocked, "The truth is... I am more afraid then Korra is. I've been told all my life that the Savior is the one that keeps the Avatar grounded to earth... I can't take it anymore. I don't want everyone relying on me. I just want to go back to being the Princess of the Fire Nation."

"I see. I understand. Stay safe." Korra says.

"Right." Ren says.

[Later that Afternoon]

"Guys, it's cold out there. What are you--" Ren says as she walks out to the pond where the kids, Lin and some White Lotus people were standing. Her eyes widen in shock as she watches Republic City get bombed.

"Oh no." Ren says.

"Take the kids and go protect Pema." Lin says.

"Right, kids, let's go!" Ren yells and she ushers the kids inside. Korra, Mako, Bolin and Asami rush outside.

"We heard explosions, what's going on?" Korra asks.

"Republic City is under attack." Lin says and Korra turns to watch Ren walking after the kids.

"Ren, I need you." Korra says.

"No, Korra, you don't." Ren whispers as she looks down.

"Ren, snap out of it! I need my savior! You were chosen to be the savior because the world needed you! I know you don't want the world needing you but you know something?!" Aang felt the same way! He didn't want the world needing him! He worked as hard as he could to find a way around it. It's impossible. Now, stop acting like a child!" Korra yells.

"I DON'T WANT MY BENDING TAKEN AWAY!" Ren yells as she grips her hands into fists, "Okay?! I have a duty to my people of the Fire Nation!"

"You aren't the Fire Lord!" Korra yells as their friends stand there and watch.