Chapter 11: "Skeletons in the Closet!"

'Earth.' Avatar Kyoshi is shown before she earthbends a rock. 'Fire.' Avatar Roku is shown firebending. 'Air.' Adult Aang is shown bending air. 'Water.' Korra is shown waterbending. Light flashes and airbender island is shown as the statue of Aang holding a staff is shown. "Only the Avatar, can master all four elements while the Savior can master three elements and bring balance to the world." Korra and Ren are shown standing beside one another and Ren stood with her arms crossed while Korra stood like Aang's statue.

[Normal POV]

Korra, Ren and Mako return from checking out what's going on in the city. They take off their masks.

"The avatar is on the run." Korra says with a scoff, "I'm not running from anyone. Let's go back up there and knock some heads. They will never know what hit them."

"I advise you not to do that." Ren says.

"Fine." Korra says with a sigh. Mako places his hand on Ren's shoulder.

"Ren is right. Iroh is bringing an entire fleet of the United Forces then Amon will be on the run." Mako says. Ren looks at him with a smile.

"Yeah! Big Brother will save the day for sure!" Ren says with a giggle.

[Later]

That evening, Ren and Korra sat against Naga's side as Bolin and Asami were asleep. Mako walks over to them and Korra sighs. Ren looks at Mako who asks if they were okay.

"It's odd... A few months ago, I was in the South Pole training to master firebending. Ren was under the watchful eyes of the White Lotus and they expected ehr to be at the top of her game. Now the two of us are in an all-out way." Korra says.

"Doesn't seem possible does it?" Mako asks as he glances over at Ren and Korra. Ren shakes her head.

"No, it doesn't." Korra says.

[Later the Next Morning]

"I can hear the ships. Want me to fly ahead?" Ren asks.

"No, Amon's ships will easily pinpoint you." Korra says, "We have to be ready to help in any way we can."

"I can see them." Bolin says.

"Big Brother's ship is the big one in the front, I think. Wait a minute..." Ren says and she looks around, "Where are the airships?"

"I'm not finding any tanks either." Mako says.

"It's a trap!" Ren says and Korra holds Ren back as there are some explosions, "BIG BROTHER!" Korra jumps into the water and Ren flies over on her glider. She starts dodging the missile bombs and she screams.

"Ren!" Iroh yells as he spots her. She flies into the water from her glider being hit and more attacks hit his fleet and he looks around, "Where's Ren?! Ren!"

"General! We need to fight back!" A guy says.

"The savior is in the water. She was hit!" Iroh says.

In the water, Ren floats down towards the bottom as her mind begins to wander. She remembers when she was little before she was sent to help find Korra. Iroh had just joined the United Forces and on the day he said goodbye, he gave her a big hug. He patted her head. In reality, her eyes flash open and she rides on a tornado as she attacks the planes and she looks over as she watches Iroh fall into the water. She makes a dive and she grabs him and brings him to the surface.

"Big brother! Are you alright?" Ren asks as she takes a deep breath.

"Ren, thank goodness you are alright." Iroh says. Korra grabs them and they get to shore and to safety.

[Later]

"You have been hiding down here?" Iroh says.

"Only place we can go. Amon has the equalists searching everywhere for us." Ren says.

"Another fleet is coming. We have to warn them about the planes." Iroh says.

"Right." Ren says.

"Do you still have a way to get a signal out?" Iroh asks.

"I know just the man." Korra says and they head over to the guy who's been helping them.

"Who is it to?" The guy who's been letting them use his radio says.

"Commander Bum of the Second Division." Iroh says.

"Bumi, wow it's been such a long time since I've seen him. I think the last time was when I was a little girl." Ren says.

"This is't the type of reunion that I would have wanted for us, Ren." Iroh says as he places his hand on her head. She blushes and then acts all mature.

"I know work comes first." She says.

"What is the message?" The guy asks after getting through to Bumi.

"Fleet ambushed... don't come into the city until I give the all clear. Retreat to the United Forces port until I send word. Come on, we need to make a plan." Iroh says and he looks at the others.

"Whoa, I see where Ren gets her personality." Bolin says and Bolin's eyes widen when Iroh gets a fireball in his hand.

"And who are you to my sister?" Iroh asks a little angrily as he went into protective mode.

"Um..." Bolin says holding his hand up.

"Iroh, the problem at hand." Ren says trying to get Iroh's attention again.

"Fine." Iroh says.

"I can't go with you tomorrow. It's time I face Amon, on my own terms." Korra says.

"You can't go alone." Iroh says.

"She won't be alone. She'll have me. Ren, you go with your brother. If you go, he'll just take your bending." Mako says.

"Huh? Right... Got it." Ren says.

"Our grandfather would respect the Avatar's instinct. So will I." Iroh says.

"Right, so it is decided then." Ren says and Iroh nods.

[The Next Morning]

The group heads out and Ren looks at Korra.

"See you guys soon. Kora, if you get your bending removed, I'll hate you forever. Understand me?" Ren asks and Korra laughs.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence." Korra says.

"I'm kidding of course. But the world still needs us so don't lose your bending." Ren says.

"Yeah, I got it." Korra says and the girls high give and Ren looks over at Mako.

"Mako, look after her. She's my best friend. If something happens to her, I'll hate you too." Ren says.

"Right." Mako says.

"Let's go, Naga." Ren says as she controls Naga and they take off.

[Later]

Korra and Mako learn from Tarrlok that Amon is actually Tarrlok's older brother. They get an idea to take down Amon at the rally and expose him in front of all his supporters. Korra looks over at Tarrlok.

"Thank you for telling us this." Korra says.

"Come on." Mako says.

"We can't leave him here." Korra says.

"Amon can't know that anyone has spoken with me. You have to leave me here. I'm sure I'll still be here afterwards." Tarrlok says.

"Good, we'll come back for you after everything is over." Korra says.

"Let's go. The rally starts soon." Mako says.