Chapter 11: The Conversation

As promised a new chapter after the criteria have been met I just wanted to thank you all for reading my book and now without further adieu let's continue.

So after we arrived most of us went and sat down in the living room. While we were there Em was off with her parents. When they got back and joined us the conversations started. While most of us were sitting comfortably during the conversation Em was not. After the look she gave me and her attendance and drinking at the party, our parents were pissed at her. It was a no-brainer that the conversation that was about to take place would not be comfortable, I had no idea how uncivilized, drunk, angry, and betrayed my best friend felt until later in the conversation.

So it began like most lectures from parents with the "what were you thinking, " and the "why would you do that, " and the "I'm so disappointed in you." What wasn't normal was the fact that (A) my bestfriend was the only one of us in trouble and (B) the fact that she was just glaring at me the entire time like I was the enemy. Yes I understand that I turned her in but it was unlikely that she would have been released to me by the cops and then we'd both be in trouble anyways.

During the lecture, because essentially that's what it was, I could see the anger and frustration building up in Em. I was worried and desperately hoping that she could rein herself in before she landed here in even more trouble than she was already in.

Unfortunately she couldn't and eventually she exploded. She started cursing, saying how she's old enough to make her own decisions and mistakes and how tired she was of the childish punishments. She then turned to me and started screaming about how I should stop acting like I'm so much better than her and how she already knows I'm everybody's favorite, that I don't have to rub it in. She said she thought we were bestfriends but now she can tell I'm just a suck up and a snitch who was looking for a way to rat her out to make myself look like I'm better than her. When she was done I ran out of the room crying because I couldn't believe my bestfriend from the beginning of time thought that about me. I know it could have just been the anger, but it hurt me so much.

Word count: 423

Author's note-
  So it's been years since I started this story and I'm so happy that people enjoy it still, but my writing and thought process has improved so much since I started writing this and I only realized as I struggled to write this chapter. So I'm not going to stop writing this but I am going to edit and update it. Hopefully that should make it flow better and hopefully spark my muses so I'll slowly start editing the chapters and post them when I've edited them all.