Chapter 8

The I got the call that would change my life forever.

I remember this day exactly how it happened. I know what I was wearing, I know what I was doing, I know exactly where I was. To give you a little more context, it was my cousin's birthday. My friends and I were going out to Zuko town to celebrate with her. The plan was to get stupidly drunk and dance our asses off. I was good at that. I'm actually still good at that.

On our way there, everything was fine. Matt and I were texting and he actually told me he wished he was with me to have fun with me and my friends. Because I told him exactly what the plan was and how all of it was going to go down. All through the night, I kept narrating to him what was going on. The bars we were going out to, the drinks we were being offered, I even sent him a couple pictures and videos of what my cousin's drunk dancing looked like. Out of NOWHERE, he snapped. Matt snapped in a way I never thought he would. I always saw him as such a gullible, manipulatable man but he proved me wrong by telling me he couldn't take it anymore. This guy texted me nonstop.

Matt: You're never actually going to meet me, are you?

Matt: Are you even who you say you are?

Matt: Amanda, why are you not answering?

Matt: Do you not want to meet me?

Matt: Am I the only one willing to fight for this relationship?

Relationship? What relationship!? I read those texts over and over as if by doing so I would make some sense of what he was saying or as if there was some hidden meaning I was missing.

Matt: That's it? You're just going to ignore me?

Matt: AMANDA! Why the fuck are you ignoring me?

I had officially broken Matt. Matt was falling apart right before my eyes through these text messages. To this point I was actually fed up. Not only was I fed up but I was also drunk. Drunk and pissed me is not the best combination so I honestly kept ignoring him.

Matt: I thought you cared about me. What's going on? Have you been lying to me all this time? You stupid bitch.

That was not the best or most creative insult I had ever heard by any means but that was it for me. So, without giving it a second thought, my stupid ass blocked Matt.

Part of me felt relieved because I wouldn't have to keep up all those stories anymore. I never thought I'd see the day where I'd say this but I think drunk me made better decisions than sober me. I should have blocked his ass way before he got to know me in such a deep level. Since we were out of town, my friends and I were staying in a hotel. With all of the excitement and drinks, I forgot my phone in the hotel room. I really didn't think much of it because I had already texted my mom and that's literally the only person I had to talk to.

I kept drinking as if there was no tomorrow. We had a couple too many Jagger bombs, some tequila shots, they were even selling Jell-O shots in the bar we were partying in. With all of the alcohol I had coursing through my body, I even forgot about the fact that I was fat and I started to dance. I danced and danced and danced. Sweat was dripping down my body and it was one of the few times in my life where I let loose. There were all kinds of people around me, maybe watching, and I couldn't care less.

Once we were all wasted, we decided to go back to the hotel. HA! I was not fucking ready for all that would go down then. When I get to the room, I turn to my bed and I had more than 67 notifications. I had texts and phone calls from a phone number I didn't have saved as a contact. It was long distance which could only mean one thing; Matt.

To be honest, my first reaction was I was pissed. How dare this guy who doesn't actually know me call like it's the end of the world. What the fuck was he thinking. Of course, because HE was the one wrong; not me. Until I had the bright idea of actually going through the text messages.

Unknown phone number: Hey, its Matt. Since you decided to disappear on me, I decided to try to get a hold of you somewhere else. I used the pictures you sent me and reverse google searched them. I had to find you.

FUCK. I didn't even have to read the rest of the text to know what was happening. HE caught me. And the worst part is I walked right into it. I freaked out when I blocked him. Normally in situations like this, I would know what to do. But this time I was baffled beyond comprehension. I even forgot I was drunk. All that alcohol went to shit. I was walking from one end of the room to the other and I ignored the fact that it would have probably been a good idea to read the rest of the text message.

Unknown phone number: We found her, Amanda. The girl you've been pretending to be is Rachel. I spoke to her and now she knows. I gave her your phone number and you're in big trouble. You know you could get yourself wrapped up in an endless legal battle over all of this? Did you think I was so stupid that your little show would last very long? You underestimated me, Amanda, and you're going to pay for this. Not only to me but to Rachel. Who the fuck are you?