22

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah. What's he doing here? In Seoul?"

"I don't know. Is he supposed to be in Seoul?" Taehyung asks and Jeongguk shrugs.

"I don't know. He could be visiting someone but to run into him..." Jeongguk leans his head on the dashboard.

"Is that a bad thing?" Taehyung asks and Jeongguk nods.

"It shouldn't be but I feel as if my emotions are everywhere right now and-"

"Jeongguk, it's okay. Don't cry." Taehyung takes Jeongguk's hand.

"I'm okay." Jeongguk lifts his head to reveal a very tear-stained face.

"Jeongguk. Come here." Taehyung hugs Jeongguk and Jeongguk sobs into Taehyung's shoulder.

"It's okay. Just let it out." Taehyung whispers as Jeongguk sobs loudly into Taehyung.

"Do you want to go home?" Taehyung asks and Jeongguk nods but he didn't let go. He didn't want to let go.

"Jeongguk. You have to let me go." Taehyung says and Jeongguk shakes his head.

"I don't wanna." Jeongguk mumbles and Taehyung smiles.

"Okay. You don't have to." Taehyung says and Jeongguk hums.

They stayed like that for a few minutes. Hugging each other. Tight. Then Jeongguk pulls out of the hug. Jeongguk leans his head on Taehyung's with his eyes still closed.

"I'm sorry," Jeongguk says and Taehyung cups Jeongguk's face with one hand.

"Why are you sorry?" Taehyung asks and Jeongguk sighs.

"Because I'm so sensitive and vulnerable. And I hate it! I feel so much weaker and now I'm crying over someone who I moved on from ages ago." Jeongguk was so angry at himself.

"But it's not your fault. You can't control how you feel and there's no need to be sorry. I don't mind." Taehyung places his hand on Jeongguk's stomach. Where their baby is.

"Not to sound offensive in any way but why? Why did you choose to stay with me? Why are you so excited? Are you not scared or worried? Worried that you won't be a good parent or that we-"

"Jeongguk, Jeongguk. Listen. Of course, I'm worried that I won't do well as a parent or that we won't be able to work well together as parents. But they thought of having a baby. My own child. I try to focus on the excitement of that and that's what keeps me going. And the reason I'm staying with you. Imagine going through your life, knowing that out there you have a child and because you don't want to be involved in their life, you miss so much. You'd miss their first words. Their first steps. Their first day of school. Their first friends. Their first enemies. Their first boyfriend or girlfriend. All of that. I wouldn't miss it. Not for the world. And Jeongguk if anything, I'm happy that of all people that this happened with I'm glad that it was you." Taehyung says and Jeongguk smiles.

"Really? You mean that?" Jeongguk asks and Taehyung nods.

"I mean that."

Jeongguk leans back in his seat.

"I'm still sorry," Jeongguk says once again.

"Don't be. You have nothing to be sorry for." Taehyung says and Jeongguk was unconvinced.

"I have a lot to be sorry for," Jeongguk says and Taehyung sighs.

"Like what?"

"Everywhere I go, everything I do, I fuck up. I'm a fuck up. I can't seem to do anything right. No matter how hard I try." Jeongguk sobs and Taehyung shakes his head.

"No. You're not a fuck up. It's easy to be a fuck-up in our world but Jeongguk, you are anything but a fuck up. Look at you, you're the best in our class. You're pregnant and you still want to finish your course. You choose to forgive me for the sake of our child. You had the courage to tell me that you are pregnant with our child. Jeongguk. You are not a fuck up. You are amazing with everything you do." Taehyung turns on the ignition.

Jeongguk stays silent. His words have failed him. He didn't know what to say. Taehyung is full of surprises. And he always makes Jeongguk feel better.
Always.

Taehyung drives out of the parking lot and drove them both home (not before stopping for some ice-cream for Jeongguk).

"Did you enjoy our outing together?" Taehyung asks as they sit on the couch.

"Yeah. I did." Jeongguk says and Taehyung smiles.

"I'm glad. I haven't scared you off yet." Taehyung jokes and Jeongguk laughs.

"I don't think you could scare me off," Jeongguk says and Taehyung scoffs.

"Oh really? I doubt that." Taehyung says and Jeongguk rolls his eyes.

"I don't. I think you would've scared me off ages ago if you were too. And even if you were to scare me off, I wouldn't be able to go. Not with them at least." Jeongguk looks down at his stomach.

"I read that babies can hear you at sixteen weeks. Their ears are developed and they can hear. Would you mind if I talked to them?" Taehyung asks and Jeongguk smiles and nods.

"Of course. Come here." Jeongguk opens his arms and Taehyung cuddles up next to Jeongguk so that his face was right in front of Jeongguk's stomach.

"Are you gonna talk or just stay silent?" Jeongguk jokes.

"I just don't know what to say. What do I say to my child that is growing inside of you? It's like there is so much I want to say but how do I say it?" Taehyung says and Jeongguk smiles.

"Just let it out. It'll make you feel better."

"Okay, uhm...hey. It's your father here. I honestly have no idea what to say to you. Talking isn't really my thing. But, I could sing. But then again I'm not a good singer at all." Taehyung smiles.

"God, I can't wait. I swear, you better come out looking as beautiful as Jeongguk. You do not want my looks." Taehyung says which earns him a slap.

"Ow! What was that for? I was only being honest." Taehyung whines and Jeongguk tuts.

"Keep talking or I'll push you off," Jeongguk says and Taehyung rolls his eyes.

Taehyung keeps talking to their baby. He laid there for ages and Jeongguk also listened. Every word Taehyung said made Jeongguk want to cry more. It was all so heartfelt. So real.

He could tell how genuine Taehyung was.

Every word was genuine.

Taehyung was excited. He was happy.

He does love his child.

And he loves the man carrying them.