31

Week: 31
Date: April 4th

Jeongguk smiles as he listens to his friends silently argue amongst themselves about who is godfather.

"Okay, but I'm his closest friend." Jimin states matter of factly.

"Yeah, but I'm Taehyung's closest friend so I'm a possibility too," Namjoon says and Jimin scowls.

"I think we're forgetting that I've been friends with Taehyung since high school," Yoongi says and everyone rolls their eyes.

Tae-Seol was also enjoying this. She is godmother (obviously) and she knows who the godfather is but it's still fun to watch them bicker among themselves. And she saw Jeongguk who was also enjoying the non-stop bickering.

"How about we ask Jeongguk when he comes back?" Jimin says and they all nod.

Jeongguk comes back in and sits down and everyone turns to face him.

"What? Is there something on my face?" Jeongguk asks.

"Who's the godfather?" Jimin asks and Jeongguk laughs.

"Oh, Jaewon," Jeongguk says and everyone stays silent.

"We're all stupid," Yoongi says and everyone nods.

Then Taehyung sits beside Jeongguk.

"They asked me who the godfather is," Jeongguk says and Taehyung smiles.

"You couldn't decipher his brother at all? I mean Tae-Seol is the godmother." Taehyung says and everyone rolls their eyes.

"Whatever, anyway did you guys pick a name yet?" Jimin asks and Jeongguk nods.

"We picked out the name a while ago. But we're keeping it a surprise." Jeongguk says and Jimin pouts.

"So, you're making us wait another 2 months?" Hoseok asks and Jeongguk nods.

"Basically."

"And what about surnames?" Seokjin asks and then Taehyung and Jeongguk glare at each other.

"We can't decide what to do for surnames," Taehyung says and everyone goes silent. Maybe some things are best not to be said.

"Have you thought about hyphenating it. Like Jeon-Kim?" Jimin suggests and the two boys frown.

"We didn't think of that. But we will have to think about it." Taehyung's says and Jimin nods.

"Well, I feel as if we overstayed our welcome here. We'll get out of your hair." Seokjin says as everyone stands up.

"You guys don't have to go," Jeongguk says and Namjoon shakes his head.

"You two need to sort things out. We'll see you soon. Don't worry."

Everyone says their goodbyes and then they leave.

"We're back to this conversation I guess," Jeongguk says and Taehyung sighs.

"Yeah. I guess. We have to settle this dispute eventually." Taehyung says and Jeongguk nods.

"So, what do we do?" He asks and Taehyung shrugs.

"We could hyphenate our names as Jimin said. That was a good idea." Taehyung says and Jeongguk nods.

"We could."

"But then what about when we get married? Who's gonna take whos name?" Taehyung asks and Jeongguk freezes.

"What? Married?" Jeongguk looks at Taehyung with bewilderment. Jeongguk does not think that they will last until marriage.

"Well, yeah. Whenever we talk about this I always think about that question. Why? Oh, wait. I made you uncomfortable talking about marriage, didn't I?" Taehyung says and Jeongguk shakes his head.

"What? No, no-"

"I did. I'm sorry-" Taehyung says and Jeongguk covers Taehyung's mouth.

"It's fine. It was a bit of a shock, that's all. Plus, I didn't think that we'd even last that long..." Jeongguk looks down.

"Why not?" Taehyung asks and Jeongguk sighs.

"Because of me." He says and Taehyung laughs.

"You're so sure that you're going to ruin our relationship. Well, I promise you won't." Taehyung says and he kisses his boyfriend.

"How do you know?" Jeongguk asks and Taehyung smiles.

"Because I won't let you." Taehyung hugs him.

"Now, should we go with Jimin's suggestion?" Taehyung asks and Jeongguk nods.

"Yeah, that's a good idea. Jeon-Kim. It has a nice ring to it." Jeongguk says and Taehyung smiles.

"I also want to apologise about last week," Taehyung says and Jeongguk was confused.

"About what?" He asks and Taehyung sighs.

"When my father came over unexpectantly. I should've at least tried to keep my cool." Taehyung says and Jeongguk shakes his head.

"Don't feel a need to explain yourself. You must've had a reason to be angry." Jeongguk says and Taehyung scoffs.

"I have lots of reasons to be angry at him." Taehyung's words were bitter.

"He left when Tae-Seol and I were five. Leaving our mother to raise us on her own. Five years later, no birthday cards, no Christmas presents, nothing and he thought that he could just waltz back into our lives all judge-y and like he controls us. Mom kicked him out after a month. Then when we were fifteen, he comes back with a new girlfriend and tries to get back in contact. Tae-Seol and I turned him down. Now, another five years and guess who's back? He wants to go out to dinner and Tae-Seol agreed and I have to go because I know that Tae-Seol will rip him a new one." Taehyung explains and Jeongguk scoffs.

"What an ass," Jeongguk says and Taehyung nods.

"Tell me about it. Anyway, as you know he already invited you but do you want to come? I have to say that he is not a nice person, he's cruel and he has no filter so he could say anything and I don't want him to hurt your feelings." Taehyung says and Jeongguk smiles.

"I'll come. You're there to keep Tae-Seol in check but who will keep you in check." Jeongguk says and Taehyung smiles.

"Fair enough. But if he hurts you, I'll break him." Taehyung says and Jeongguk laughs.

"My knight in shining armour."