Why Didn't You Message Me?

It had been a couple weeks since I decided against messaging Taehyung. I had just been going about my normal, exhausting life.

It was a Saturday and I was going to watch a volleyball game and hang out with Alec. Ava had classes all day and then she had work. She didn't actually need to work because she had rich parents that gave her anything she wanted, but she felt the need to for some reason, and nobody stopped her. Instead of leaving Alec to be alone in the dorm all day waiting for Ava, I decided we could hang out.

I woke up and got ready, grabbing a black athletic jacket with light purple flowers out of the closet, throwing it on with a tank top, and throwing on some black workout leggings.

"Evieeeee we're gonna be lateeeee," Alec complained, banging on the door.

"Open the damn door if you wanna complainnnnn," I yelled back at him. The door swung open and I was met with Alec wearing short, black, ruffly shorts, black high heeled combat boots, and a pastel tie dyed spaghetti strap crop top.

I giggled to myself as I tied my shoes.

"What are you giggling about, hmm?" Alec asked, walking further into my room and plopping down on the bed next to me.

"Nothing... No wonder Ava is always worried I'm gonna try to steal you back when you dress like that," I said, walking into the bathroom and brushing my hair.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Alec said, following me to the bathroom.

"Nothing really. Just that with you flaunting your legs and arms and body and stuff, you aren't exactly ugly. You're actually really attractive and with you flaunting it all the time, no wonder Ava is always scared someone's gonna steal you away."

"Wowwww someone has a little crush on meee," Alec teasing, poking me in my sides.

"No I don't that was a long time ago we don't talk about that," I laughed, grabbing his hands to get him to stop tickling me.

I finished getting ready, putting some smokey grey eyeshadow around my eyes and some mascara on. I threw my mini-backpack on my back and ran out the door, racing Alec to the elevator.

"Ha I won!" I yelled, getting scowls from Alec.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a mostly silent car ride, the comfortable silence filled by some pop music playing on the radio. All of the sudden, a song came on that I recognized. I turned up the volume.

"This is by that boy group that Mia likes, right?" I asked Alec. He just nodded and started nodding along to the beat. It was very upbeat with some English and some Korean lyrics.

Eventually, the song ended and we had arrived at the volleyball stadium. I hopped out of the car rather enthusiastically and ran to the other side of the car, grabbing Alec's wrist and pulling him to get him out of the car faster.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N I'm not writing the actual volleyball game cuz I barely know how it works hehe oops)

The game ended well, with our local team winning.

"I gotta pee I'll be right back," Alec said, pushing he way through the crowds to the bathroom. I just sat back down on the bleachers, knowing he was gonna take longer than he thought he would. I pulled out my phone and began scrolling through Instagram. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and I was met with a man wearing a black face mask, covering his mouth and nose, and sunglasses covering his eyes. He had a black bucket hat covering his hair, except for a few strands. A few strands of dark blue hair. My breath hitched in my throat as I realized who it was.

"H-hi Tae-Taehyung," I stuttered, brushing my hair behind my ear and looking down.

"Hi. How have you been?" he said, jumping down to sit next to me on the bleachers.

"I've been okay..." I trailed off, turning my phone off and placing it next to me.

"That's good," he said quietly. There was an awkward silence for a few minutes before Taehyung spoke up with the subject I was hoping he forgot about.

"You did get my number that night, didn't you?" he asked quietly, almost shyly, looking down at his feet.

"I did," I whispered back, not really sure what to say at the confrontation.

"Why didn't you message me?" Taehyung asked, looking up and into my eyes.

"I-" I started to try and explain myself but I was interrupted by a very loud and obnoxious Alec.

"EVIEEEE LETS GO IM DONEEEEEE," he yelled, running down the bleachers. He stopped in his tracks, one foot in the air, when he saw Taehyung sitting next to me.

"Alexander Jace Heronwood shut the fuck up I'm trying to have a conversation right now," I scolded. He placed his other foot on the bench and apologize.

"I'll just go-" he said, running back up the bleachers.

"I'm sorry about him. He's a little... over the top," I giggled. Taehyung just nodded before returning his gaze to me, a serious look on his face, awaiting the response to his previously asked question.

"So I didn't message you because... well... because originally was paranoid and thought you might be some kind of rapist or murderer or something... and by the time I had gotten over those fears, I thought you would've forgotten, about me," I mumbled, fidgeting with my fingers.

"Why would you think that?" Taehyung asked, leaning around to try to get my attention.

"Because I'm just some girl you ran into one night in a gas station," I said, finally looking up and meeting his eyes.

"Yeah but I'm pretty good with first impressions and you seem really cool and sweet so I wanted to get to know you," he said, smiling his big boxy smile. I smiled back at him.

"Now that we have that cleared up, gimme your number so I can contact you," Taehyung announced, pulling his phone out of his pocket and handing it to me to put my number into it. I blushed slightly and grabbed it, typing in my phone number and handing the phone back to him.

We stood up and walked back up the bleachers. We bid each other goodbye and I went off to find Alec. I found him in a corner, talking and flirting with a guy.

"Hello Alec. Who's this?" I asked, standing next to him and looking at the guy.

"Evieeee. This is Jordan," Alexander said, motioning towards the beautiful man standing in front of us.

"Well, Alec, we have to go. It was nice to meet you, Jordan," I said, grabbing his wrist and dragging him away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We got home soon after. I lectured Alec about flirting with other people while he was dating someone else, and he understood where I was coming from.

We walked into the dorm room and Ava jumped into Alec's arms. They began to kiss and I took that as my cue to leave. I retreated to my room and flopped onto the bed.

I had almost fallen asleep when my phone went off in my ear. It was a message from an unknown number.

???- Evie? This is Taehyung :)

Evie- Oh hi!

Taehyung- Get home safe?

Evie- Mmmhmm. You?

Taehyung- Oh I didn't go home. I have a busy schedule today

Evie- Wow you sound like a pop star :)

Taehyung- Mmm... well I gtg so I'll talk to you later :))

Evie- Mkay, byeee

I fell asleep lying on my bed, a small smile on my face.