Spotted With An Ordinary Girl

It had been quiet. Unusually so. I hadn't gotten so much as a message from Taehyung. After our date in the park, it went silent. I had no idea why.

I had texted him, only to be left on read, and most recently, delivered. I had called him, only to be immediately sent to voicemail without even one ring. He obviously had his phone and had time on his hands, just not for me.

I was getting ready for work when Mia came bounding into my room, slamming the door open so hard I was afraid it would break the wall.

I had decided that I wasn't going to let Taehyung break me again. His denial had sent me spiraling before, and I was stronger from it. I refused to allow it to happen again.

Mia began to yell.

"Check your fucking phone for god's sake! Have you seen all of the articles?" she shouted, storming over to me, holding her phone in a death grip.

"No I've signed myself off social media since last week and I haven't been checking the news. Why what's going on?" I explained, baffled and pausing mid-eyeliner. Mia knew that I wasn't on social media right now. She knew that Taehyung wasn't talking to me. I didn't know why she was acting so strangely.

She shoved her phone screen in my face and shook it before grabbing the liquid eyeliner out of my hands and replacing it with her phone.

On the luminescent screen, I saw an article. The header read:

Famous K-Pop Idol, Kim Taehyung, Spotted at the Park with an Ordinary Girl

I froze. I read on.

Kim Taehyung, otherwise known as V, is a singer and member of the South Korean boy group that goes by the name of BTS.

According to an anonymous source, he was seen at a park on the outskirts of town with an ordinary girl. She goes by the name Evie Winters. She is a college student, majoring in human biology.

The pictures below show them climbing into his car, and having a picnic under a tree.

I scrolled through the pictures. They were undeniably Taehyung and I on our date weeks ago. This was why he was ignoring me. I looked back up at Mia. Alec had heard the commotion from Ava's room and had joined Mia standing in my room.

Without realizing it, salty tears had begun to stream out of my eyes.

Mia and Alec enveloped me in a hug, Mia holding me tight and Alec brushing through my hair and giving me small kisses on the head.

"T-this is my fault. He-he's in trouble and it's all my f-fault. If I hadn't pressured h-him into taking me out on a date this never would've h-happened. I c-can't believe it," I stuttered, muffled, into a mixture of Alec's upper arm and Mia's shoulder.

"Hey, hey. He wanted to take you out. You didn't pressure him into anything. He knew the risks of taking you out and he was willing to risk it. It isn't your fault," Mia whispered into my ear.

"I have to go see him. I have to. I have to check in," I said after I had composed myself. Alec wiped the makeup smears from around my eyes as Mia messaged her girlfriend to let her know what was going on and request a ride to the boys' apartment.

Mia and Isabelle had just recently gotten together. They had been friends for a while, but they had only gotten together a few weeks ago. I was happy for them. They were happy. They had mostly skipped the "honeymoon phase" and weren't usually ooey-gooey all over the place. However, Isabelle was whipped for Mia and of course said she would drive us to the building.

We loaded in the car. Mia in the front passenger seat, Isabelle driving, me sitting behind Isabelle, and Alec behind Mia. Ava was against Alec coming with me, but he did anyway. Guess he hadn't broken up with her yet. He had been acting particularly cold to her, more than normal.