We're Going Out Tonight

I had finally finished work. I dragged myself back up the stairs to my room. The door swung open as I walked down the hallway and Ava stormed out in her work outfit. I made eye contact with her and she looked down before quickly walking past me.

I shook my head at her strange behavior and walked inside my dorm. I put my stuff down and grabbed a glass of water.

The dorm was quiet, so I assumed everyone had left. I entered my room and threw myself on my bed. I had almost fallen asleep when I heard the bathroom door open, footsteps walking down the hallway, and my door swinging open.

"Oh my god! Evie what the fuck! When did you get here?" Mia shouted dramatically, hand clutching her chest as she dramatically collapsed against the wall.

"I got here like 10 minutes ago. Why the hell are you still here?" I mumbled with my face still buried in my blankets.

"What? I'm not allowed to hang out in my best friend's dorm all day because I don't feel like actually getting ready? Even if I clean the whole dorm?" Mia said sarcastically, sitting on the bed next to me. My head shot up.

"You cleaned the dorm?" I asked in shock. I shouldn't be in shock, Mia is a bit of a clean freak, but the fact that she cleaned my whole dorm while I was at work shocked me.

"You didn't notice? I did the dishes, swept and mopped the floors, vacuumed the carpets, cleaned up the trash, did laundry..." she started trailing off when I looked at her with wide eyes. "What?"

"How did you do all of that while I was gone for like 5 hours?"

"Dedication, my friend. Dedication."

"See, I don't have any of that when it comes to cleaning my dorm..." I sigh, rolling over and sitting up on my bed. She just sighed and looked at me before getting up and leaving the room. I yelled after her.

"Where are you going?" I shouted out of my room.

"I'm showering," she shouted back before I heard the bathroom door shut and water turn on.

---

I woke up a little later to see Mia in my room with a towel wrapped around her body, shuffling through the clothes hanging in my closet.

"Excuse me, ma'am, I think you're in the wrong dorm," I teasingly commented after seeing her pick up one thing and put it back over and over again, clearly being disappointed in my wardrobe. She jumped slightly.

"You have no good clothes, child. Like what is this," she said as she turned around while holding up a knee length, skin tight, cotton dress with a thick belt around the waist. She tossed the item on my bed before beginning to get dressed in a pair of my leggings and a light blue spaghetti strap crop top that she had forced me to buy a few months ago, that I hadn't touched since.

I sighed sadly, looking at the fabric that had been thrown on my bed, running my fingertips lightly over the material. Mia noticed and looked at me questioningly.

"I was saving this dress for a fancier date with Tae..." I mumbled, taking a deep breath as I felt a lump beginning to form in my throat.

The dress moved as Mia picked it up and hung it in the closet, placing herself in the spot that it had previously been.

"I'm sorry, E. Come here," she said as she pulled me closer. I lost it. I began to cry, letting all of my emotions poor out in the form of tears. Regret. Sadness. Fear. Anger.

When I had gathered myself together a little bit more, I pulled away from Mia. There was a spot of dark blue on the top of the shirt she was wearing. We sat in silence for a few minutes before she stood up.