Virgil x Reader

So this chapter is based off the song "Love Like You", from Steven Universe, which is a cartoon on Cartoon Network.
If you want you can start a lyric chain in the comment section for all I care, but I hope you like it!

_____________________________________________

-~ Virgil POV ~-

If I could, begin to be,
Half of what you think of me

I look at her in a bliss with my heart pumping adrenaline in my veins and my head light as a bubble.

I could do about, anything

I could even learn to love~

Her eyes, oh her eyes, my heart melts when I look at them. The beautiful E/C (Eye Color*) shining in the moonlight as if it has been born from the night sky.

When I see, the way you act
Wondering when I'm coming back
I could do about anything

She runs up to me with a little yet warm smile. Her voice makes me feel high, almost soothing. That's all I hear, her voice. That's all I want to ever hear.

I could even learn how to love

Like you~

That's the feeling, I just want to grab her and hold her close, and never let go. I want her. I want for myself, and show her that one special place in my heart that's willing to hold on just for her.

I always thought, I might be bad
Now I know that it's true

I watch her run back through the grass, her dress flowing smoothly through the wind. Her hair glistening in the spotlight of the moon, as if this scenery is meant to be.

Cause I think you're so good,

And I'm nothing like you

I sit on the grass, propping myself up with my hands, watching her dancing to slow music. My heart is still pumping and I can't get anything out of my mind about her. Her manner, it's amazing. The way she walks and talks makes me want to just-

Look at you go,
I just adore you

Adore is well, a kind word. But not enough. More like an addiction. I want her. I need her. Without her I feel empty and worthless. But with her smile shining the light, breaking right through my walls, perhaps it's not so bad. I used to always dread the feeling. Hoping it'd go away and it never did. I never had any control over it. I don't like not being in control.

I can't stand it.

Not knowing what to do, what is what, and why things are the way they are makes me want to explode and shred everything into pieces with me.

I wish I knew

What makes you think I'm so special~

I think of the song and every situation I could've been so much more than just a defect. I'm not supposed to be here. So why does she stay around...why do I stay around.

Because of her. I can't go one day without seeing her beautiful face smile at me just because.

If I could, being to do

Something that does right by you
I could do about anything

I could even learn how to love~

The feeling is dreadful and feels like an addiction that you just can't shake. It's so good yet such a great impact that it feels like you're floating through space. And it eases up around her. I can't do this much longer. I won't be able to hold in.

She comes up to me, holding her arm out to me signaling me to take it. I reluctantly take it, and she pulls me up on my feet, places her other hand on my shoulder and I automatically place my other hand on her waist.

When I see, the way you look
Shaken by how long it took
I could do about anything

I could even learn to love...like you...

We sway from side to side to the music, staring into each other's eyes. Those sparkling eyes feel like they cut right through my soul. Looking through me like I'm see through. Like I'm something more than just...than just a body...

She puts her head on my chest closing her eyes, and I just look down at her, unable to do anything else but savor each and every single one of the feels. But I put my chin on her head, and close my eyes, forgetting everything that happened before. Forgetting all the troubles in waking life...because this feels like a dream. Why do I feel this way? God knows why. But why should I worry?

If I'm here, with her, and only her, then why should I think about anything else...

If I could, begin to be...

Half of what you think of me...

I could even learn how to love...

Learn how to love, like...you...

_____________________________________________

The was short, and stupid, and short, and I kinda hate it, but I still wanted to write it because I haven't written for my boy Virgil yet and he deserves love but I didn't have any ideas, and I felt like this song suited him, like a lot 😅 so yeah! I hope you liked it and request some stuff I'm open to suggestions!
See y'all later BAI!