Aruba

Emily sat at the counter of a bar made out of straw that rested on a pier. Emily's face was red, and not due to the legal drinking age in Aruba being eighteen, it was red because Ava seemed to have a good time embarrassing her in front of the whole beach.

Emily continuously mouthed "oh my god"to herself as her mom interrogated the poor girl with greenish-blue eyes and brown hair with blond highlights.

"So what are your intentions with my daughter?" Ava stared the woman down with her arms crossed.

"Mom!" Emily's eyes widen and tried to hide herself further in her arms.

Sara on the other hand tried to hold back her laugh and pulled out her phone in the process.

"She was just describing the scenery for me," the woman said as she felt around for her drink which Ava didn't notice.

"I'm not up to date with modern slang, is describing the scenery like this generation's Netflix & Chill?"

"Oh my god! No! No it doesn't mean that! It means just that, describing the scenery," Emily groaned. "She's blind."

Sara finally let out her laugh as Ava turned red. Ava noticed the cane in between the girl's legs.

"I'm Murphy, nice to meet you." Murphy extended her hand slightly off of Ava's right hand.

"Emily," Emily reached over to shake her hand. "Sorry about my mom she's really overprotective."

"Just so you know I'm straight," Ava heard Murphy say as she was led to a different part of the beach.

"And I'm spoken for." Emily replied.

Sara wiped the lone tear that slipped out of her eye as she laughed so hard.

"Don't worry Miss Sharpe, you can describe the scenery with me," Sara smirked before she grabbed Ava's hand and led Ava towards a pair of beach chairs.

Sara sat on a beach chair with a floral bandanna tied to keep her hair out of her face, white sunglasses and an olive colored bikini. Ava on the other hand had a big sunhat over her face and wore a black bikini. The two basked in the Aruban sun and enjoyed the small breeze until it was interrupted by the eighteen year old.

Pamphlets rustled and scattered onto the soft white sand. A pink bottle was thrown at the two time ladies.

"I hope you put on sunblock," Emily muttered as she sorted through the excursions of Aruba.

Sara lowered her sunglasses to rest on her nose as Ava lifted her sunhat to observe what her daughter was doing.

"So I was thinking skydiving and A.T.V excursion tomorrow and jet ski, snorkel and parasailing excursion the day after," Emily held up the pamphlets.

"I'm only paying for one and we are not going sky diving," Ava placed the hat back in her head and closed her eyes.

"Oh it's okay I can pay for the other one," Emily said casually as she pulled out Lena's black card from her bag.

"How do you have that?" Ava sat up, threw her hat miles away and took the card from Emily's hand. "Lena Luthor? Do we know a Lena Luthor babe?"

"If our daughter stole someone's credit card, it's your job," Sara said with her eyes closed.

"I didn't steal it she let me use her card. I interned for her remember?"