A Step Forward To Redemption, Two Steps Backwards To Forfeiture

Brainy, Nia, Kara and Alex made it to the crime scene hours later and searched the place. Kara in her suit flew over to the two bodies and noticed their hearts were missing. Nia searched the office and noticed that all the expensive valuables were missing.

Superfriends discussed near the bodies as other D.E.O agents circled the area.

"Their hearts are missing," Kara explained.

"So is the jewelry," Nia added with air quotes around jewelry.

"I thought we locked up Menagerie? Is there a possibility she got out?" Alex questioned with her hands on her hips.

"Director Danvers," an agent handed her a note with names crossed out.

The yellow note was given to Brainy to process. As Superfriends waited for the evidence to be processed, the team headed back to the D.E.O.

That included Kara, even though she could fly she chose not to. Kara's com rang as she answered the call from Lena. 

"Kar, when you're done with superhero duties can you get an extra of everything for game night."

"Are we having another guest?" Kara asked.

"Yes, I'm dragging Emily, if I can find her."

"Ooh Emily's going to be there," Kara beamed which caught the attention of the other Superfriends.

"Emily's going to game night?" Nia smiled and turned to face Kara from the passenger seat. "I haven't seen her in a while."

"Yes, but it's going to be an intervention for her," Kara frowned.

"Why do we need an intervention?"Kara asked and turned everyone's head.

Alex gestured to share coms and now everyone could hear Lena.

"Lena you're on shared coms!" Kara pointed out.

"I went to see Emily earlier and she reeked of alcohol. She disappeared too," Lena explained.

Superfriends frowned as they heard the news.

"Emily's been drinking?"

"Lena, this is Alex. If you can track Emily I can go get her and make sure she gets to your place."

"Her magic signature hasn't been up and the D.E.O tracker is offline." Lena replied "The last place the D.E.O tracked was at a place called the Verdant almost three months ago."

"When she started to bail on us," Alex placed the pieces together.

"Verdant? That's a night club." Nia shared. "I know that cause I wrote an article about their opening day."

"Well since she's been drinking, I say we start there." Lena sighed.

"Okay Alex and Nia should go investigate, Brainy continue with the evidence, I will get the ingredients and we will see you guys all later," Kara led.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emily sat at the edge of the bar with her head trapped in her arms, legs draped over the stool and shoulders slumped on the counter. She was in the eye of a hurricane and boy did she know a storm was on the horizon.

The stool next to her scratched the floor. She mentally prepared herself to handle the guy if he was going to hit on her.

"What is a girl like you doing in a bar like this? Why don't you join me in the parking lot."

Emily could just imagine the jeans, the tank top leather jacket, and the I work out check out my biceps. She kept her head down and ignored the man. There's a reason she goes to the bars and hour earlier than it's suppose to be open, and that's because she can have some piece. The man peeled her left shoulder along with her upper body from the counter.