Chapter Fourteen

Once again, Jungkook found himself ticked off. This time it wasn't his wolf or his boyfriend, no it was the damn blonde who's apparently his goddamn soulmate. Younger Jungkook would've been ecstatic, doing everything within his power to get his mate to accept that fact. He's had a childhood dream, find his mate, fall in love, have pups and get married. Now, well- Bullshit, I don't believe in this shit! he thinks, tsking before suddenly a deeper and a slightly raspier voice was heard; Raven.

"You seem... angry," The wolf points out, serving to make Jungkook roll his eyes.

"No, shit. You don't say," Jungkook fires back out loud, sarcasm heavy in his voice. He was honestly done for the night.

"Shift, let loose. It's been a while- you don't even have to let me take over, just let some of your frustration out another way that isn't murder, sex or drugs." the wolf says, voice soothing and it actually made Jungkook pause in his steps. Shift... it has been a while, and it would probably be for the best that he does.

"Fine, I will. But I want full control Raven, I get to choose where we go." at that he felt as the wolf's presence faded a bit, a sign that he gave Jungkook full control and freewill to do as he wishes.

Jungkook continues to walk before stopping at a forest line, he glances around and heads in- making sure no ones near. "Okay... let's see," he mumbled, finding a fairly clear place for him to shift. He pauses, takes a deep breath before the shifting process began. His bones changing shape and fur growing along his skin. The process isn't painful, you get used to it after shifting the first time. Then it becomes natural.

Soon, a big black wolf stood in the middle of the forest, patches of white littering the fur- like stars in the night sky.

Okay, let's do this Jungkook said, crouching down before bolting off in a quick run. To him it felt great, simply running and watching as the trees zip by and the wind in his fur- it was a nice escape.

He slows down slightly, in a trot now. His mind was racing from what just transpired. Why the fuck did he have to find him? Why did he have to have a mate in the first place? He's fine how he is- nothing the moon goddess does will change that for him.

No- don't think about that, relax and let loose. He scolds himself, taking a short break by a lake. He lies on his belly, eyes staring out at the big picture of the moon on the lake. He's probably gonna be out all night, he didn't want to go home- and he definitely didn't want to go to Minho's.

He lets out a deep breath through his snout, relaxing his body and just listening to the wind blowing and the animals of the forest. He could hear the sound of traffic not too far off, he knew he didn't run far from the city- despite him wanting to.

Life's been hectic and he honestly needed a break. He was forever grateful for Raven- his best friend. Raven knew what he needed when he needed it. Jungkook could be oblivious, turning to his three main escapes like the wolf said; murder, sex and drugs with alcohol mixed in. Not exactly in that order, but they usually happen within the same day.

Opening his eyes, Jungkook stood up and walked over to the lake, sitting by it and dipping a paw in. It's not that cold he thought, dipping his paw in once again. I suppose it is spring after all... he shakes his head.

Still... nothing will beat the thrill and adrenaline you get when you commit murder. Not even running can compare. Jungkook thought, standing up and doing a quick walk through the area. It was pretty- lots rocks and many types of flowers were in the process of blooming. It's sad if you think about it, flower thrive in the spring and summer, some even last and bloom in autumn- then winter comes and it kills everything. Jungkook ponders, finding himself thinking deeper than he usually does to keep his mind off of the situation at hand.

Maybe that's why I dislike winter so much. Maybe not, maybe it had to do with my past. Even I don't know anymore. I barely know myself at this point. Jungkook sighs, facing the ground as he sits again.

It's sad, but it's the truth. I don't know who I am. Who are you Jeon Jungkook? A famous tattoo artist? An aspiring idol? A brutal murderer? A Playboy who doesn't possess a heart? All of the above? Has life... ever once been worth living for me? I don't think it has. What's keeping me here? My friends? He wasn't thinking of offing himself- moving away and starting anew was what he's pondering.

At this point- that option was looking golden. No better thing could possibly happen to him here- his life's been nothing but hell. He didn't want to go back to Busan, but he also didn't want to continue to stay in Seoul. Maybe... maybe he can go overseas. Test the waters over there.

This is for another day, just run. Run until your feet are sore and wounded. Run as that's all you can do anyway, all you know what to do. You can't help it. He looks up at the night sky, standing up and continuing his run. This time he didn't stop. He ran to forget his problems, he ran to forget his horrid past, he ran away from everything. All he wanted was for it to be just him- him and the night.

And that's how it should be. That's how it will be, just him, the night and the dark woods.